Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Deadpool Film Leaked Footage.

Last posted Aug 01, 2014 at 09:59PM EDT. Added Jul 28, 2014 at 03:46PM EDT
17 posts from 9 users

Link

Looks like some pretty cool stuff. It looks like a proper Deadpool unlike that monstrosity in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Think I know why.

Now that the timelines have changed weapon X can be lead by someone else instead and he can just give Deadpool Wolverines powers.

@Spider-byte

Those are UK ratings right? Well here in Canada I could see it as 14A or 18A. Better if the latter. I should mention many R-rated films in the States end up rated 14A here (and PG-13 films there are usually PG here). Very few 18A (only examples I could think of are Sex Tape, The Wolf of Wall Street, and the Evil Dead remake)

It's interesting that ratings have been the dominant subject for this film (if made). I've always felt the MPAA was silly and anal over the littlest things. I could talk at length about it but probably it's best if I don't :P

majesticspace (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚☆ wrote:

@Spider-byte

Those are UK ratings right? Well here in Canada I could see it as 14A or 18A. Better if the latter. I should mention many R-rated films in the States end up rated 14A here (and PG-13 films there are usually PG here). Very few 18A (only examples I could think of are Sex Tape, The Wolf of Wall Street, and the Evil Dead remake)

It's interesting that ratings have been the dominant subject for this film (if made). I've always felt the MPAA was silly and anal over the littlest things. I could talk at length about it but probably it's best if I don't :P

Yeah UK rating. It goes U, PG, 12a, 15, 18.

But with Deadpool I don't think it is something to worry about unless it's a 12a. It just means that really that most stuff you could do with a 15 or if they decide they want excessive gore or sex or whatever it will be 18.

The main reason people worry about the rating is because while you could do a 12a deadpool and get a possibly bigger audience they would have to tone down Deadpool where as most people want stuff more true to his adult comics.

It's a tough balance isn't it. On the one hand, it would be nice to reach a larger audience and have it successful, but then you risk alienating the fans. I don't want Deadpool toned down, but in the end it's up to the studio. They too have to worry about the rating, and it affects the final product. I hope Fox makes it R-rated.

Also, don't film ratings in the States carry some sort of stigma. For example, PG is assumed "for kids", and PG-13 is mainstream-ish, while R is "mature". Because over here the ratings don't really matter. If people want to see the film, they'll come. If I'm not mistaken, every superhero film since Iron Man have been rated PG here (the Blade films were 18A, so that could be the rating for Deadpool).

I guess the point is, he's been long overdue for a film. He needs his time to shine

majesticspace (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚☆ wrote:

It's a tough balance isn't it. On the one hand, it would be nice to reach a larger audience and have it successful, but then you risk alienating the fans. I don't want Deadpool toned down, but in the end it's up to the studio. They too have to worry about the rating, and it affects the final product. I hope Fox makes it R-rated.

Also, don't film ratings in the States carry some sort of stigma. For example, PG is assumed "for kids", and PG-13 is mainstream-ish, while R is "mature". Because over here the ratings don't really matter. If people want to see the film, they'll come. If I'm not mistaken, every superhero film since Iron Man have been rated PG here (the Blade films were 18A, so that could be the rating for Deadpool).

I guess the point is, he's been long overdue for a film. He needs his time to shine

I don't think Deadpool would have to be toned done that much for a 14A rating here in Canada actually. Looper was 14A, and it had nudity, blood and swearing. Prometheus was also 14A and it had the whole alien removal scene. If the U.S used a similar rating system to Canada, I think Deadpool would be able to remain true to the comics while also reaching a fairly large audience.

@Crouching Sloth

Ya I wished they were more lax with the ratings. I was just thinking about if they went extreme with the gore/violence it could be 18A, but I highly doubt that. Like you said, it wouldn't have to be toned down too much to get 14A.

I was also hoping to actually read some Deadpool comics (I only really know him from cartoons whoops), but it's on hold as I'm reading Guardians stuff before I see the film tomorrow night :)

Is it just me or do the guys in the car look like motion cap CGI? I'm quite pleasantly surprised to see Deadpool as a CG character. I mean, Deadpool definitely looked CG from the footage, or maybe it's just the face that's digital?

ARobotNamedJoe wrote:

Is it just me or do the guys in the car look like motion cap CGI? I'm quite pleasantly surprised to see Deadpool as a CG character. I mean, Deadpool definitely looked CG from the footage, or maybe it's just the face that's digital?

Yup it's CG mo-cap. The director has a background in visual effects, so ya. As well, CG could work well, as his face would be more expressive even with the mask; mo-cap has advanced quite a bit in the 3 years since this footage was shot. :)

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!