Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

First trailer for the Sonic the Hedgehog movie released

Last posted Apr 30, 2019 at 12:33PM EDT. Added Apr 30, 2019 at 09:37AM EDT
6 posts from 5 users

I'll admit Jim Carry is certainly a highlight for me and will likely be the movie's main saving grace. Also if anything I feel like the Sonic in the movie somehow looks worse than the leaked designs…

So Jim Carrey is playing Jim Carrey that maybe the only good part of the movie.
The Blue Creature is nothing like Sonic and it seems it has the speedforce.
At the end you can see a Jim looking really Eggman like in what seems to be a smurf world.

Chris_Flandre wrote:

So Jim Carrey is playing Jim Carrey that maybe the only good part of the movie.
The Blue Creature is nothing like Sonic and it seems it has the speedforce.
At the end you can see a Jim looking really Eggman like in what seems to be a smurf world.

Jim Carrey being Jim Carrey has never been a bad thing.
"The Blue Creature" is still Sonic. That's not really a dismissable thing just because nobody likes his 3D character model, it's still very much Sonic. He's blue, fast, collects rings, and is a cocky little bastard of a hedgehog, which is still how the movie portrays him to a good rate. The missile scene in the trailer was very on point with what Sonic is.
The mushroom thing I have no idea how to make out, guess we'll find out.

Now for my hot takes on the movie based on the trailer so far. It really doesn't look that bad on the basis of it being a standard video game movie i.e. it's still going to be shit but not offensively so. Everything that would still make it tied to the Sonic franchise is there, and people's complaints really are only directed at Sonic's character model, which is understandable because you're going to be looking at him for over an hour. But let's not forget that Sonic's movie model was Paramount Pictures' idea, not SEGA. All SEGA did was give them the rights to use these characters in a film.

I really only have 2 critiques on Sonic's movie model.
1) His human teeth. Don't like that. Make them sharp like an anime, because that's what he is.
2) The boy could use some muscle definition to at least make his proportions more balanced. (inb4 gay furry)

TL;DR Paramount bad, Sonic okay. Team Sonic Racing looking good.

>I'll admit Jim Carry is certainly a highlight for me and will likely be the movie's main saving grace.

Its the thing that ruined it most for me. Just not my style of comedy i guess. I can handle bad, but he is just annoying.

""The Blue Creature" is still Sonic. That's not really a dismissable thing just because nobody likes his 3D character model, it's still very much Sonic. He's blue, fast, collects rings, and is a cocky little bastard of a hedgehog, which is still how the movie portrays him to a good rate. The missile scene in the trailer was very on point with what Sonic is."

As far as I am aware sonic has always been just fast, what we got from the trailer is that this one has some powers similiar to the speed force seeing in the Flash. And also the rings in the trailer seem to work as a teleport.

A Wolf wrote:

Jim Carrey being Jim Carrey has never been a bad thing.
"The Blue Creature" is still Sonic. That's not really a dismissable thing just because nobody likes his 3D character model, it's still very much Sonic. He's blue, fast, collects rings, and is a cocky little bastard of a hedgehog, which is still how the movie portrays him to a good rate. The missile scene in the trailer was very on point with what Sonic is.
The mushroom thing I have no idea how to make out, guess we'll find out.

Now for my hot takes on the movie based on the trailer so far. It really doesn't look that bad on the basis of it being a standard video game movie i.e. it's still going to be shit but not offensively so. Everything that would still make it tied to the Sonic franchise is there, and people's complaints really are only directed at Sonic's character model, which is understandable because you're going to be looking at him for over an hour. But let's not forget that Sonic's movie model was Paramount Pictures' idea, not SEGA. All SEGA did was give them the rights to use these characters in a film.

I really only have 2 critiques on Sonic's movie model.
1) His human teeth. Don't like that. Make them sharp like an anime, because that's what he is.
2) The boy could use some muscle definition to at least make his proportions more balanced. (inb4 gay furry)

TL;DR Paramount bad, Sonic okay. Team Sonic Racing looking good.

>nobody likes his 3d model
in the games?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!