Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Alex Trebek has passed after battle with pancreatic cancer

Last posted Nov 09, 2020 at 04:44AM EST. Added Nov 08, 2020 at 01:26PM EST
5 posts from 5 users

Pokejoseph64 wrote:

2020 just HAD to take one good thing away as a price for the election

Look dude quit being so hyperbolic about the damn election this isn't the place for it.

Alex Trebek survived almost 2 years of Stage-4 Pancreatic Cancer. It goes without saying that that is an absolutely astounding amount of time to have fought back against the specific cancer that has one of the lowest odds of survival. Mr. Trebek lived a wonderfully full life that should be celebrated. regardless of "this year".

Jeopardy was absolutely one of my favorites to watch ever since I was like 10 years old. Listening to that classic 30-second thinking music always relaxed me as they wrote down their answers. I even got to see the set (though he wasn't there, nor was there filming--everything was covered in white sheets).
Hearing the announcement last year that he has pancreatic cancer certainly shocked me, but much like Chadwick Boseman I really gotta admire Alex Trebek in that he wasn't gonna let that stop him from continuing what he loved doing the most. He certainly had a charm to him, and I can tell he would've been a pleasure to talk to.
R.I.P. Mr. Trebek, thank you for 30+ years of entertainment and kindness.

Also, given Sean Connery had also passed away just last week, the SNL Celeb Jeopardy skits are probably gonna be a lot harder to watch now…

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!