Forums / Media / Music

6,760 total conversations in 425 threads

+ New Thread

Need some quick help identifying what song this sounds similar to

Last posted May 01, 2016 at 05:52PM EDT. Added Apr 22, 2016 at 04:10PM EDT
9 posts from 6 users

So I was listening to the song "Mother Mary" by Mr. Kitty and the music that plays during the start of the song and during the singing sounds… REALLY familiar, but I can't put my finger on just what it sounds like.

Anyone know what that bit is supposed to sound similar to?

The Phantom of the Opera overture maybe??? I don't 100% think that's it but dear god I've been trying to figure it out for like 15 minutes, it sounds like something I've heard a million times but I can't exactly place it.

lisalombs wrote:

The Phantom of the Opera overture maybe??? I don't 100% think that's it but dear god I've been trying to figure it out for like 15 minutes, it sounds like something I've heard a million times but I can't exactly place it.

That's how I feel too, like I'm going "I swear this very specific tune or whatever you call it sounds so damn familiar, like something I remember from my childhood, but I just can't remember what it is."

To anyone better versed in musical composition than me: would you say "chord progression" or "rhythm" to describe what I'm talking about? Again I'm referring specifically to these spots: 1) the start of the song with the faux organ playing, and 2) the parts when there are lyrics being sung.

Firestorm Neos wrote:

wtf is up with that thumbnail?

It's the album art. His first three albums all worked cats into the image because his stage name is "Mr Kitty."

He hasn't done it with his more recent stuff though:

(yes that one is an actual picture of the guy)

Mistress Fortune wrote:

It's the album art. His first three albums all worked cats into the image because his stage name is "Mr Kitty."

He hasn't done it with his more recent stuff though:

(yes that one is an actual picture of the guy)

Oh I see now. It's a cat face. For some reason, I only saw blank, black soulless eyes set against white and got sp00kd.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!