3) Radiohead fanboys

4) Classical snobs

5) Mainstream metal fanboys

6) Mainstream Pop fangirls

7) Manowar fanboys

8) Between the Buried and Me fanboys

9) Modern Prog Metal fanboys

10) NWOBHM fanboys

"Real" hip-hop fans (Because liking Young Thug and Lil Uzi Vert means your opinion on hip-hop is shit amirite bros??? xdDXDXD)
Elitists, likewise, people who think listening to music is a shit hobby.
Tool and progressive metal fanboys (like damn, these guys think that "technical complexity = the music MUST be better than anything EVER released")
"Classic rock"/prog rock fanboys (they usually tend to be the people who tend to be the "le wrong generation type".)
People who think that videogame/anime soundtracks are the best forms of music ever made.
K-pop fans.

While a smallfandom, the Supertramp fandom has surprised me with how completely stupid and shitty they can be.

Seriously. It's filled with a bunch of people either:

- Trying to figure out reasons why Roger is the most ebil person ever (usually amounting to some copyright woes on youtube)
- Trying to figure out reasons why Rick is super untalented and nobody ever loved him anyways (usually amounting to just saying that Roger's songwriting made their dick hard)
- Massive dicksucking
- The younger side of the fanbase is rabid with true SJW types for some reason
- WE GOTTA GET THE BAND TOGATHER!!!
- Bitching about something that happened in 2010 that anyone outside of the fandom probably never heard about
- Roger sucks now because he left the band! Rick sucks now because he's not Roger! I'm not gonna listen to their new stuff because I'm a massive faggot! listens to breakfast in america for the 20 billionth time

Like you'd think a band that basically wrote all these songs about love and life and shit would have a decent fanbase NOPE

I guess that's what happens when someone leaves though. But Christ, that happened in 1983 and people are still salty as fuck about it.

Last edited Jun 04, 2016 at 04:34PM EDT

• Todd in the Shadows – type people (i.e, "if you actually like [insert music/artist they don't like], do not reproduce")
• "Their old stuff was better"
• K-Pop fans (a good friend of mine just will not shut up about EXO or whoever they are and every time we hang out she tries to get me into it)
• Genre elitists
• "Mainstream music is total shit. The general public will listen to anything. How depressing"

So basically elitist types are what grind my gears

Those people that take all the fucking music classes in highschool just so they can act like their taste in music is sooooo fucking "refined" and "classy" and generally act like an elitist bitch about it.

1. kpop
2. nerdcore/nintendocore/youtubecore/any "nerd" music genre aka mixing video game references into actual genres
3. /mu/core/fantano fans – specfifically death grips fans
4. onkyo/minimalist/fans of weird genres to make them look cooler
5. eminem stans
6. drake stans
7. kanye stans
8. slipknot fans
9. queen fans
10. teen pop fans

Patrick Star 3D Real wrote:

Probably the "I WAS BORN IN LE WRONG GENERATION" fandom if that counts.

Yeah, fuck those people. Sometimes, I wish I could have criticized them and told them they were being stupid when they were everywhere (though that sounds really condescending and arrogant). Filthy Frank's video on these people pretty much explains it well:

reading through thread Please nobody say KISS Army, Please nobody say KISS Army.

WOOHOO! Now that I haven't seen anybody list the KISS Army as cancerous I can go ahead and be a total hypocrite and talk shit about other fandoms! As a metal head as well I have to express my distaste for fellow metal heads who deem anything that is short of THE HEAVIEST OF DEATH METAL is absolute shit. Hell, I'd just say all of the Metal Fandom is bad just because every Metal Sub-Genre has everyone acting just like this but with other Metal Sub-Genres.

Long story short, Metal is serious business.

I won't list off ten, but I can think of three right off the bat:

1. Led Zeppelin fans. They're, in my opinion, the most insufferably smug and elitist group.

2. Five Finger Death Punch fans. They're the type of guys who wear Tapout shirts, Monster Energy snapbacks, and jean shorts while talking about getting into fights while skipping leg day.

3. The "I was born in the wrong generation" group. Typically, they're the type of clowns who hear older music tracks on Fallout games. However, you can find these people in any older style/genre of music. They act like you need to be "born" into a certain generation in order to properly enjoy music, I guess.

Last edited Jun 05, 2016 at 01:15AM EDT

- Creator worshippers. It's perfectly fine to like, or even love an artist. Just don't go around pretending they're gods or anything.
-Elitists. This kind of goes hand in hand with the above, but no, your music is objectively superior, whatever that means.
- If I have to list specific fanbases, Tool fans, Steven Wilson fans, Prog metal fans in general, and Le wrong generation-ers(?).

The primary reason why "le wrong generation" is bullshit (and I say this as someone who listens to classic rock and almost nothing else) which I haven't heard anyone else point out is that virtually everything that's considered good from the past, and a whole lot of what's considered complete shit on top of that, can be experienced today. In fact, much of it you can do so in a hundred times better and more convenient fashion. For example, one of my top ten favorite albums of all time wasn't released in any form for almost forty goddamn years, and the version that I listen to is a fan mix that's very very recent. If I was born with the Baby Boomers, I'd have been out of fucking luck.
Also, why should you care that you despise the music people your own age are listening to? There's only two situations where that should interfere directly with your life:
1. Somewhere were the radio is being tuned to cater to the tastes of those people, like on a school bus perhaps.
2. Dances.
And these have two very obvious solutions:
1. Get some headphones and put that music-playing phone you almost certainly have to use.
2. Don't go. Well, that worked out for me just fine anyway. [insert forever alone/tfw no gf meme here]

Last edited Jun 05, 2016 at 03:09AM EDT

Also forgot to mention those Gangsta rap fans that pride themselves on being hardcore criminals. That's usually just one common feature in rap, its not the basis for all of it, and ignoring other themes and shit is not only missing a good part of the song, it just makes you seem like a negative asshole that thinks crime is just OK.

Okay, several people have kind of glossed over this, but I'm going to be the one to say it out loud:

Musical hipsters. You know, the fans who say "I used to like them BEFORE they went mainstream" or some bullshit like that. If you're upset that a band you like is popular because of YOUR SUPPORT, then I have no words for you.

This is within the classical genre.

1. New Complexity fans
2. "Glenn Gould impersonators"
3. Anti-Romanticists/Schoenberg fans (nothing against Schoenberg though)
4. Anti-Classicists
5. Harpsichordists (at least the ones who say that it is better than the piano)
6. Organists (who say the same as the above)
7. Rachmaninoff fans (nothing against Rachmaninoff though)
8. "Liszt fans" (in quotation marks because I'm referring to people who don't understand his music)
9. "Debussy fans" (same as above)
10. Video game/movie soundtrack fans

KYFPMM wrote:

No one mentioned the old people who complain about today's music being bad/no meaning.

that's the definition of "le wrong generation" fyi

LNH wrote:

that's the definition of "le wrong generation" fyi

"Le wrong generation" is mostly comprises of Youngsters that do not like the Mainstream music/media of today. I clearly stated old people.

anything unpopular
sadly it's as bad as the popular ones

we're all losers tbh
just like what music you like

But let's be frank here. I watched a Pewds vid, ^(yeahthatsright) and just read the first few comments in this one. please god kpop fans are like mers

Last edited Jun 06, 2016 at 07:20AM EDT

Iamslow wrote:

Okay I'll bite.

What did the toolfags do to be number 1 op?

They're not all bad (hell, 2 of my best friends are huge Tool fans, and they're really good guys), but some of them believe that they are the be all, end all of music, and believe that they are the most emotional, intellectual, experimental and boundary pushing band ever and reject any other artist. Like at Tool shows, it's not uncommon for the crowd to boo the opening bands because 'they're not tool'. Also, I hate saying this word, but they are just flat-out pretentious with the way they describe Tool's music. Like, count the number of times they say 'transcend', 'subconscious mind' and 'higher state of being' when they describe their music. It's ok to be a fanboy of something, and I'm somewhat tolerant some hardcore fanbases but Tool fans take it to such an irritating extreme that it really affects my enjoyment of their music. I like them, but their fans make me want to despise them

1. The American Pop and Hip-hop Industry as a whole

2. J. Pop/Rock

3. K. Pop/Rock

4. Dubstep

5. Dad Rock

Last edited Jul 05, 2016 at 10:50PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!