Forums / Discussion / Q & A

3,264 total conversations in 493 threads

+ New Thread

Good Adblocker?

Last posted Dec 28, 2016 at 08:01PM EST. Added Dec 28, 2016 at 04:23PM EST
11 posts from 9 users

I've been having trouble with KYM's ads lately. Sometimes, and I kid you not, get taken to a different page at whim, and I don't know how good an antivirus can be against that. Seriously, KYM, please monitor your ads. If you're going to have them, and I know you need them to keep this website up, please get rid of the autoplay ad garbage, and stuff like I mentioned before.
Enough of my rant, now. So, I was stupid enough not to have an ad blocker, but now it seems I should have one. Any good ones?

I personally suggest uBlock Origin, as with AdBlock Plus, you'd have to disable "allow acceptable ads" to avoid issues on KnowYourMeme and they plan to sell out even harder in the future. Also, uBlock Origin is marginally faster.

Edit: I almost forgot to mention – uBlock Origin's Options menu is more complex but has more options, but with AdBlock Plus, it's easier to block the "you have an ad blocking program" messages. Really, it's a matter of preference. You could have both, too. One final note: while editing this, AdBlock Plus blocked two things, while uBlock Origin blocked ten.

Last edited Dec 28, 2016 at 04:29PM EST

uBlock Origin is what I would go for. Also it looks like the getting rid of some of the stronger NSFW hasn't done much yet.

Last edited Dec 28, 2016 at 04:39PM EST

If you have chrome,then you are all set with this adblocker:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb?hl=de
(Basically Adblock+)
You can even turn it off on specific sites to support them through ads

Dies uBlock Origin block those "We have detected you are using AdBlock" messages too? I currently use AdBlock Plus combined with Noscript on my internet and those are the only things that seem to slip through.

Ryumaru Borike wrote:

Dies uBlock Origin block those "We have detected you are using AdBlock" messages too? I currently use AdBlock Plus combined with Noscript on my internet and those are the only things that seem to slip through.

Yes, it's in the third-party reply part of the Options, under Ads.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!