Forums / Discussion / Q & A

3,264 total conversations in 493 threads

+ New Thread

Why does no one give a flying fuck about the video section?

Last posted Feb 03, 2017 at 11:03AM EST. Added Feb 02, 2017 at 04:14PM EST
6 posts from 6 users

Time

Most images take less than 10 seconds to "enjoy it". Often, you can see if you will like it without having to go past the preview image. Even if you have adblock and fast internet for a video that's only a few seconds long, it's going to go by slower than most pictures to get to the "payoff". You have to put "more effort" into enjoying it. While it is likely there are some video that you "know" you will enjoy because of the creator, many people who really enjoy that person's work already will have seen it off site first.

EDIT: there's also the issue that videos will get taken down. It's not as big of deal as the time one, but when all the videos for Attack on Titan openings have been blocked in the US (at least, last I checked) it's hard to care about it as much.

Last edited Feb 02, 2017 at 04:24PM EST

I believe it has more to do with people just using the video sites to watch said video like Youtube. People here are mostly in for the images and memes which are easier to navigate, takes a quicker time to get and in most cases are more easily produced.

It varies from entry to entry. I imagine audiovisual and youtube memes get more traffic in the video section since they're more-or-less required, but entries for stuff like subcultures don't really need it so they get low views.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!