Forums / Discussion / Q & A

3,264 total conversations in 493 threads

+ New Thread

Text memes

Last posted Mar 19, 2017 at 02:20PM EDT. Added Mar 14, 2017 at 04:28AM EDT
6 posts from 4 users

Hi, guys! I'm doing a research about TEXT memes in Russian and English. Actually, I've found only 50 English ones, and need another pack of these f***** memes. May be you could help me? Just some examples, so that you could understand wtf is this : LOL, Like a boss, Thanks, Obama! Profit, Seems legit, All your base are belong to us, Netflix and chill.

Remember: they are (or can be) used without a pic!

It depends on what you mean by "text" if it's just a single phrase or if it can be much more. All of the copy/pasta stories are really just text at their heart (navy seal copy/pasta, the tragedy of plageius the wise, i sexually identify as an attack helicopter, etc.) And famous song lyrics (shit was 99 cents, even now there is hope for man, i'm on a boat, bohemian rhapsody, interior crocodile alligator)

For others that fit more in line with your examples, 404: file not found, GTFO, that really rustled my jimmies, stop right there criminal scum, all of your base are belong to us. There are many more but these are ones I can think of on my lunch break.

It depends on what you mean by "text" if it's just a single phrase or if it can be much more. All of the copy/pasta stories are really just text at their heart (navy seal copy/pasta, the tragedy of plageius the wise, i sexually identify as an attack helicopter, etc.) And famous song lyrics (shit was 99 cents, even now there is hope for man, i'm on a boat, bohemian rhapsody, interior crocodile alligator)

For others that fit more in line with your examples, 404: file not found, GTFO, that really rustled my jimmies, stop right there criminal scum, all of your base are belong to us. There are many more but these are ones I can think of on my lunch break.

Jill wrote:

Yeah, that's the thing. By "text" internet-memes I mean memes consisting only of words, and they are usually not bigger than a sentence. Your examples are good, thanks. Think of some more, please; if u can, for sure.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!