Forums / Discussion / Q & A

3,264 total conversations in 493 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
What's Karma and What is its Purpose?

Last posted Oct 17, 2018 at 02:25PM EDT. Added Oct 16, 2018 at 11:46AM EDT
8 posts from 6 users

it's a semi-decent gauge for how many people silently agree with you and how many don't / how many people thought it was funny and how many thought it wasn't, etc all that stuff
at the end of the day it doesn't do very much but give silent people a way to express at least a little bit of their opinion on something.

Well, if nothing else, it gives you an idea of whether or not that person's posts are worth reading through without actually reading through their posts first. For instance, someone with a lot of negative karma(like, say, more than 50% of his total karma) might have some controversial opinions that can provide some food for thought to broaden one's horizons and to understand the perspective of a completely different opinion or he's just an absolute prick.

The only possible use karma may have right now is to easily tell who is a shitpost account, since those are always on the negatives on their profile count. Other than that, yes, not really much of a purpose.

Wow, I really didn't expect expect to get so many replies in a day! Thanks for the help, even if the answer was a bit underwhelming.

I only just realised that this topic is apparently trending, at least according to the site. Geez guys, there are much better topics to look at! I've got my answer now, so go back to whatever else you do on this site. What's popular right now, fricking… Bowsette memes? Yeah, that. Go look at those.

This place is weird, man…

Karma has been kind of controversial for some people (who don't have any ;^D).

It's really not important as far as the website is concerned for notoriety. Just like ParticleMare said it's for the forums only.

I always believed it was just a little cool extra to have and joke around with. Just a gauge of helpfulness/comic relief on the forums. Also you can bury post with 5 and over negative votes, which personally I always feel the need to click on anyway. All in all I advise not to put too much thought in karma, unless you want more mememonies.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!