Forums / Discussion / Q & A

3,264 total conversations in 493 threads

+ New Thread

Request for mods to subentry-ficate these?

Last posted Apr 16, 2021 at 09:03PM EDT. Added Apr 16, 2021 at 06:40AM EDT
3 posts from 3 users

I read in a different post that only mods can mark entries as sub-entries of another. I've recently created some entries that needs to be marked as such, and I'd like a mod to fulfill these requests (after approving and agreeing of course). I don't really know if there's a procedure for this, so I'm posting this here as a question.

Here's the specifics:

Last edited Apr 16, 2021 at 06:41AM EDT

Why aren't all entries made into sub-entries or main entries? I would prefer the articles all be more interconnected like that so I can more intuitively explore. Just make a few broad entries whenever you can't sub-entry something and it'd be pretty interesting to use as a wiki.

Crispy Cream wrote:

Why aren't all entries made into sub-entries or main entries? I would prefer the articles all be more interconnected like that so I can more intuitively explore. Just make a few broad entries whenever you can't sub-entry something and it'd be pretty interesting to use as a wiki.

The structure of entries is pretty limited by how it was set up back in the early days. We can't have a wiki-esque network of pages; they're strictly hierarchical. You can see these same limitations in content galleries: a crossover meme must fall into one entry category, rather than two. It's far from ideal, but fixing it would mean a site rewrite.

An entry mod should categorize your entries shortly. Thank you for your contributions!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!