Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,076 total conversations in 680 threads

+ New Thread

The United States is now #2

Last posted Oct 11, 2014 at 08:11AM EDT. Added Oct 09, 2014 at 09:36PM EDT
28 posts from 15 users

Well damn.

Since a lot of y'all told me in one of my previous threads that you get your news from KYM, I'm here to tell you that it's HAPPENING!!! Basically, China now has the single largest economy in the world in terms of raw GDP. The gap is expected to continue to widen for the foreseeable future.

I, for one, welcome the Western world's new Chinese overlords.

0.9999...=1 wrote:

Yes, because of course you can work out the "freedom value" with a few formulas- it's not like it's completely subjective, right guys?

Someone sounds a little butthurt that there country might not be the best at something.

While I agree it's subjective, it was mostly to just take the piss out of people who say that shit, because either they admit the most free country is subjective and they aren't actually right or if they go by "official lists" then they aren't right either.

Spider-Byte wrote:

Someone sounds a little butthurt that there country might not be the best at something.

While I agree it's subjective, it was mostly to just take the piss out of people who say that shit, because either they admit the most free country is subjective and they aren't actually right or if they go by "official lists" then they aren't right either.

Then why post it begin with if your just posting it to "piss out people who say that shit"? That doesn't sound very sportsmanlike at all, Spider.

Chickenhound the Cruel wrote:

Then why post it begin with if your just posting it to "piss out people who say that shit"? That doesn't sound very sportsmanlike at all, Spider.

I guess so. Over-patriotism annoys me though. Sorry.

>in terms of raw GDP
That's not raw GDP. That's using the Purchasing Power Parity. For instance, here's the IMF's projection on GDP based on current prices:

There are numerous ways to calculate GDP. If you use PPP, China takes #1, but other methods still have the US leading handily.

Last edited Oct 10, 2014 at 08:41PM EDT

xTSGx wrote:

>in terms of raw GDP
That's not raw GDP. That's using the Purchasing Power Parity. For instance, here's the IMF's projection on GDP based on current prices:

There are numerous ways to calculate GDP. If you use PPP, China takes #1, but other methods still have the US leading handily.

LELELE! USA still #1 baby!

Spider-Byte wrote:

That's patriotism, not over-patriotism. I'm not saying "LELELE MY COUNTRY HAS THE MOST THREEDOM GUIS.".

Dude, nobody in this thread has actually acted like that. Even the guy you originally responded to with the "ranking" was clearly joking. There are plenty of people like you're describing, but I don't think they're on this website.

0.9999...=1 wrote:

Dude, nobody in this thread has actually acted like that. Even the guy you originally responded to with the "ranking" was clearly joking. There are plenty of people like you're describing, but I don't think they're on this website.

The jokes are never funny though.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!