Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,076 total conversations in 680 threads

+ New Thread

National Popular Vote Interstate Compact

Last posted Jun 11, 2019 at 01:42AM EDT. Added Jun 07, 2019 at 12:41PM EDT
15 posts from 6 users

Some people want to abolish the electoral college. Again. Only this time it is state leaders and representatives, going over the heads of the people and voters, who are doing this. And they've got 70% of their needed votes already signing, with an additional 37% considering it. This is a big thing.
https://www.nationalpopularvote.com/state-status

>Some people want to abolish the electoral college.

some? I think you mean most. And it was even more until 2016 when republicans decided they liked the EC since Trump won. Would be great if republicans could actually stand by some sort of morals other than just "whatever it takes for my team to win"

A long overdue change, the US is no longer a loose confederacy where the electoral college makes sense. The US president has long since represented the people of the country, not the states, the vote should reflect that. Almost all of the problems opponents of a popular vote system have are problems the electoral college already has.

Kenetic Kups wrote:

>Would be great if republicans could actually stand by some sort of morals other than just "whatever it takes for my team to win"
politicians*
dems do the same thing

The most compelling response i've heard next to "I know you are but what am I"

poochyena wrote:

The most compelling response i've heard next to "I know you are but what am I"

I´m sorry, I forgot the democratic part is only full of morally righteous people
/s
a politician is a politician, everything they do, they do for votes which gets them into a position where they can get bribes

Kenetic Kups wrote:

I´m sorry, I forgot the democratic part is only full of morally righteous people
/s
a politician is a politician, everything they do, they do for votes which gets them into a position where they can get bribes

>I´m sorry, I forgot the democratic part is only full of morally righteous people /s

What do you even mean by this?

>a politician is a politician

yea man, hitler, stalin, bernie sander, hillary clinton, and trump, all the same. No differences or nuances here

poochyena wrote:

>I´m sorry, I forgot the democratic part is only full of morally righteous people /s

What do you even mean by this?

>a politician is a politician

yea man, hitler, stalin, bernie sander, hillary clinton, and trump, all the same. No differences or nuances here

Thanks for intentionally missing my point

Kenetic Kups wrote:

You are inplying I am talking about every single world leader
I am talking about us politics

ok, so you see Sanders, Clinton, Trump, and Yang as all being basically the same?
again, what is your point and what does it have to do with the EC?

poochyena wrote:

ok, so you see Sanders, Clinton, Trump, and Yang as all being basically the same?

My point was clear, rep and dem politicians only go for what gets them eleceted
they don’t care

Kenetic Kups wrote:

My point was clear, rep and dem politicians only go for what gets them eleceted
they don’t care

The poll questions republican and democrat citizens, not politicians.
the dramatic shift happened among republican voters, not democrat votes.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!