Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,067 total conversations in 679 threads

+ New Thread

who's going to stand up to China after Trump is voted out?

Last posted Oct 28, 2020 at 04:29PM EDT. Added Oct 12, 2020 at 01:56PM EDT
10 posts from 8 users

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

assuming that all the crticism against him is valid and true about him being racist, dumb, inept and a liar, and that he will get voted out and replaced by Biden and Harris – how will the Democrat president deal with the Chinese threat?

its pretty evident that communist China is the biggest current threat to the free world, their genocides in Tibet and Xinjiang and subjugation of Hong Kong are enough evidence to this among many, many others.

so far, the only leader of a global power that shamelessly called out the CCP for the malice they are and instigated a trade war with them.

meanwhile, the Democrating party barely even mentioned China at all, not during the debates or any of the DNC conventions morever the Chinese state-run media made it no secret they want Biden to win the US elections.

do you think Biden will do something against the CCP threat or will be friendly with them? i think he will not do anything real against China and is one of the only reason i think Trump should still win the US elections despite being a terrible president in all other respects.

because communist China really is that bad, and anyone willing to stand against it should be supported.

I do feel there is a reckoning coming for China very soon, as a lot of European governments are very pissed off with them for not keeping Coronavirus in check and not telling anyone of the danger until it was too late to do anything about it.

Their economy is also looking dodgy as the infrastructure bubble that is sustaining them is much more fragile than most people realise; and if the Europeans and the Americans move their production centres out of China in order to spite them for this whole Coronavirus mess, then things are going to get very bad for them, very quickly.

But it all depends on whether anyone has the balls to go ahead with the threats. China is large enough to take on one or two countries attacking it easily, so because of that, a large number of countries will have to launch sanctions against them within short order in order to survive China's retaliation.

As long as big name politicians have financial interests, any serious standing against China from them is just not going to happen. All that shit-talk Trump threw against TikTok and how he would ban it ended up going nowhere and the app stayed – I assure you that the owners simply threw him enough bills at his face to pull off from the decision at the last minute. Same president that was supposed to go against Russian interests, mind you, and we know how that one ended.

China can literally pay its way onto Western civilization and they have been doing so for years now. If not even Trump, the self-proclaimed Republican that was going to "Make America Great Again", was willing to stop their encroaching after all the smack talk against China this year, then Democrats doing it is just a pipe dream. If anything, I would rather expect them to make it easier for them by labeling any opposition to them as "racist", then Biden plays some Chinese song on the background and dances to it while a pro-Chinese commercial plays.

Jolly Jew wrote:

assuming that all the crticism against him is valid and true about him being racist, dumb, inept and a liar, and that he will get voted out and replaced by Biden and Harris – how will the Democrat president deal with the Chinese threat?

its pretty evident that communist China is the biggest current threat to the free world, their genocides in Tibet and Xinjiang and subjugation of Hong Kong are enough evidence to this among many, many others.

so far, the only leader of a global power that shamelessly called out the CCP for the malice they are and instigated a trade war with them.

meanwhile, the Democrating party barely even mentioned China at all, not during the debates or any of the DNC conventions morever the Chinese state-run media made it no secret they want Biden to win the US elections.

do you think Biden will do something against the CCP threat or will be friendly with them? i think he will not do anything real against China and is one of the only reason i think Trump should still win the US elections despite being a terrible president in all other respects.

because communist China really is that bad, and anyone willing to stand against it should be supported.

Assuming that all that criticism isn’t valid, knowing you,

Cause all of that is true, and that’s why sane people want him gone, you moron!!

Still agree that china is a major threat though

This kind of belongs in politics thread but I'll s um up what I wrote there: in terms of geopolitics what the Trump administration accelerated (not begun) cannot be reversed even with a Biden presidency. The American people, for decades now, have been increasingly discontent with the idea that they should be the global police force. Furthermore, the post WW2 and Cold War era has shown that Europe no longer needs the aegis of American military. Trump has hyper accelerated and acted on the animus that the US people have had with the so called neoliberal/neoconservative global order. We are withdrawing troops from Europe, forcing them to, for the first time in decades, fend for themselves – which comes at a severe cost to their own budgetary philosophy. Instead of being a direct guiding hand in the Middle East, the Trump administration effectively revolutionized the prevailing situation in the ME, effectively allowing the ME to fend for itself and take measures it's own hand. The US will not get involved in Iran, and it doesn't want to. The Trump administration has taken pressure off of Russia, whether for good or bad, letting them effectively eat their own (they are stuck in a demographic pressure bomb that forces expansion at high costs.).

Fundamentally: when it comes to China, Trump got the ball rolling that neither the Democrats or the Biden administration can stop. There is an increasingly prevalent anti-Chinese consensus in Washington D.C. A Biden administration may do with Trump's China policy with what the Obama administration did with the Bush era policies: modify it a bit but continue the general idea.

The era of Pax-Americana is coming to an end, at least for now, and whether for good or bad, the new world's dynamics are shaping up rapidly. Rather than being the front-line force in global affairs the US may take up a supportive role, providing weapons, technology, air-support, etc leaving the bulk of military action to other nations. Neither Biden or any other Democrat can stop what the Trump administration accelerated.

Even reading the November/December issue of Foreign Affairs penned by non other than Hillary Clinton herself, offers a similar view to the necessity of ramping up the pressure on China.

BrentD15 wrote:

Trump has a secret Chinese bank account.
Do you really think he's been standing up to China?

Yes, from 2013 when he was trying to build hotels in China. And by Chinese law you can not open up a business unless you have a bank account in China. The account is still open but hasn't been used, and the several hundreds of thousands of dollars in that account hasn't prevented him from making China the geopolitical rival of the USA. And even when Trump is out of office, the next President would pursue the same course because there is a massive anti Chinese consensus in Washington DC. This is reflective of the mood of much of the US, Europe, and Asia. Even Russian and Chinese relations are starting to get cold. The only thing that keeps Russia aligned with China is the necessity to stand against US interests. If Biden was smart he'd align Russian interests to our own.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!