Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,067 total conversations in 679 threads

+ New Thread

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Last posted Feb 13, 2021 at 07:49AM EST. Added Feb 10, 2021 at 08:54PM EST
20 posts from 11 users

Well speaking as a black person. Historically we've needed weapons like these to protect us from mobs of angry white people.

During the Nadir (the period after the civil war but before Jim Crow) numerous Pogroms were launched against African Americans such as the Tulsa Race Massacre, the Ocoee Massacre, and the Rosewood Massacre.

The Nadir

"James Loewen notes that between 1865 and 1867, when white Democrats controlled the government, whites murdered an average of one black person every day in Hinds County, Mississippi."

This would not have occurred had the black population been more well armed. And while its true we've moved past this era of intense racial violence, it still does not change the fact that the mental scars of this period still remain. When the Black Panthers began to openly carry Ronald Reagan introduced gun control laws for the purpose of restricting black people's ability to properly defend themselves from the modern government. A government that does shit like This or this

While I do not believe everyone or just anyone should have access to guns, it cannot be denied that they do serve a purpose in Modern American society. The problem lies from a lack of training and restrictions on who as access to guns. People with mental illnesses shouldn't have access to guns for example. Also I'm not confident that blacks in the south are still free from that racial violence. Considering just last year they attempted to Lynch a black man in Indiana

His life was only saved because of other people who were around and had cameras. Imagine if they hadn't been there? A gun would have saved his life.

Last edited Feb 10, 2021 at 09:51PM EST

Foreign wars, but if you're in one of those you're not really a civilian, you're a soldier

Also I'm not speaking about all guns (I'm in the middle of the aisle when it comes to guns), just keeping automatic/tactical shit out of the hands of racist/god-warrior/sociopathic/atheism-subreddit-browsing/other-extremist-ideology idiots who would inexorably use it to harm innocents

To be honest, guns are frighteningly easy to build if you really want one.

Take a look at the Stenlings used in The Troubles, or for a more detailed example, please see the below video about a man who built a functioning sub-machine gun from bits you can find in any hardware store.

At the end of the day, a gun a just a tube with a small hammer built on the inside.

It's the ammunition that needs to be regulated, as that's the actual dangerous part.

It's much harder to make good ammunition from scratch than it is to simply stroll into a store and just buy a box.

Dracorex wrote:

It's a camera that's tricked out to look like a gun.

Repeal the Second.

did you not get the memo
we're trying to convince right-wingers that biden won't take their guns away
you're not helping

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Omega MISSINGNO wrote:

did you not get the memo
you're not helping

He should.

>did you not get the memo
you're not helping

Αre you sure about that?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-nYoi5gRSMg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uq4vPgyRQY8

No civilian should have military grade weapons for “personal or recreational” use. Now I think that at least every civilian should have something to defend themself in case of a break in but military grade weapons in the hands of civilians don’t make sense. Most aren’t trained and even if they are why would they need a weapon like that?

I need this to protect myself and my family. The government just wants to regulate weapons like this to get them re-elected. There is no difference other than looks (Ooh that looks scary) and performance (It just handles better) between what they deem legal and illegal. It would be better for them regulate laws that would be in the best interest of everyone but instead they want to just ban something because they were told it would get them votes and they have no idea what they are talking about.

Last edited Feb 12, 2021 at 06:11AM EST

Dracorex wrote:

You don't. Repeal the Second Admendment.

Why repeal it outright? How would someone say, defend themselves from a home invasion or from a group of crazy rednecks trying to hang them from a tree?

Omega MISSINGNO wrote:

did you not get the memo
you're not helping

What are you trying to convince? That he wont succeed in a whole hog confiscation or he wont attempt to continue the salami slicer tactics of previous admins.

I ask because I think the ship has sailed on the latter; https://archive.is/66Rmk

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!