Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Possible Improvements on the spoiler function?

Last posted Oct 27, 2015 at 07:59PM EDT. Added Oct 27, 2015 at 06:21PM EDT
3 posts from 3 users

I want to bring this up because of the recent undertale entry.

I've seen people complain about undertale spoilers, most of them point out that they're pretty much fine with the image gallery for undertale by itself left without spoilers for the convenience of moderators and players who completed the game (The gallery is growing very quick and a big chuck of it is spoilers to the story), but those spoilers have been popping up in the trending images because the undertale gallery currently has the most traffic right now; You can't avoid them if you're just a regular image viewer, all we can help is that people have haven't completed the game won't get their context.

I'm fully aware there is not much we can do about it at this point, But what can we do to prevent a similar situation from happening to future entries about new fandoms? What if another story-based game becomes a sleeper-hit with an equally huge fandom?

I suggest that we could add the option for users to toggle spoilers on and off for whole image galleries, players of undertale could see the whole gallery with convenience, non-players could keep it hidden from themsleves. But I admittally have no idea how this will traslate to what we could code on the website, any other ways we could improve this?

Please add an auto-remove feature to the spoilers that automatically removes them after a week.

By then we can assume anyone interested has already seen the episode or played the game. Week because weekly anime/webserie spoilers.

Last edited Oct 27, 2015 at 07:40PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Please add an auto-remove feature to the spoilers that automatically removes them after a week.

By then we can assume anyone interested has already seen the episode or played the game. Week because weekly anime/webserie spoilers.

That wouldn't be applicable in all situations though, for instance, about six weeks ago, a MLP episode got leaked that wasn't supposed to air until this week, meaning for six weeks, any and all picture relating to it are considered spoilers. https://knowyourmeme.com/search?context=images&q=tags%3A%28%22scare+master%22%29

Things like Video Games showed off at E3 or something might be considered spoilers for those who want to wait until the game comes out months later. Also, it might take more than a week for a person to catch a movie or play through a game.

An auto-remove feature should probably be used for pictures OP forgets about after maybe three months. A week would leave a lot of spoilers unmarked and really make the whole thing moot.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!