Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Image & Video Modification Notifications

Last posted Mar 09, 2017 at 07:52PM EST. Added Feb 20, 2017 at 04:48PM EST
4 posts from 2 users

I've had some of my images modified by other users, usually by removing tags, and never noticed until I looked at the image myself. As someone who has earned the right to modify images and videos uploaded by others (and occasionally exercising that right in order to add tags to images that lack them), I'm concerned that I may be causing a similar problem for other users. Therefore, I think there should be an option for users to be notified whenever someone other than them makes an edit to an image or video they've uploaded. (This already happens when an image or video is moved from one gallery to another, but not for other edits.)

While we're at it, could we add image and video edits to the list of user stats and activities tracked by KYM (along such things as article edits, comments, images uploaded, videos uploaded, and forum posts)? It's kind of a personal bugbear for me that I don't get credit for trying to patch up others' sloppiness with tags, descriptions, and et cetera.

A list where you can view all of a user's media edits already exists, but that one is only accessible to mods (your list is for example filled with 3-6 images of the same Sonic OCs).

There are notification options for having a comment on your image, one for 5 upvotes, one when it's moved to a different gallery, one when it's removed entirely, but not one when someone edits it. Should be possible from the way I see it. The only point of discussion would be how: Moving and removing always gets you an email, but comments on your uploads can be disabled in your account's email options. As such I think the latter is better, since this happens a lot more frequent.

Tracking media edits like entry edits has been suggested before, so your guess is as good as mine as what's gonna happen to that idea.

Last edited Feb 20, 2017 at 07:35PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

A list where you can view all of a user's media edits already exists, but that one is only accessible to mods (your list is for example filled with 3-6 images of the same Sonic OCs).

There are notification options for having a comment on your image, one for 5 upvotes, one when it's moved to a different gallery, one when it's removed entirely, but not one when someone edits it. Should be possible from the way I see it. The only point of discussion would be how: Moving and removing always gets you an email, but comments on your uploads can be disabled in your account's email options. As such I think the latter is better, since this happens a lot more frequent.

Tracking media edits like entry edits has been suggested before, so your guess is as good as mine as what's gonna happen to that idea.

That is actually what I was thinking – an email option in the profile settings.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!