Forums / Media / Video Games

38,598 total conversations in 2,697 threads

+ New Thread

FFXIV Announcement Showcase (New expansion + Final Patch 5.5)

Last posted Feb 23, 2021 at 07:15AM EST. Added Jan 22, 2021 at 03:42PM EST
19 posts from 8 users

With a lot of showcases going on, the Final Fantasy XIV Announcement Showcase is announced and set for a February 5th release date at 5:30 p.m. (PST) / 8:30 p.m. (EST) along with a Letter from the Producer Part LXII at 10:00 p.m. (PST). Meaning that there will be a new expansion pack and a final patch preview for Shadowbringers. Usually they announce a new expansion pack every FFXIV Fan Fest, but due to the coronavirus outbreak the event is cancelled.

However, I'm really looking forward to the surprises Yoshi-P has up his sleeves.

So are you saying this is the final patch for the game in general? I don't really play FF14 so excuse my ignorance. I am aware the 14 team is heading up the development on the next single player FF (FF16), so if you're saying FF14 is getting its last patch then I guess that indicates Square wants all hands on 16.

Mistress Fortune wrote:

So are you saying this is the final patch for the game in general? I don't really play FF14 so excuse my ignorance. I am aware the 14 team is heading up the development on the next single player FF (FF16), so if you're saying FF14 is getting its last patch then I guess that indicates Square wants all hands on 16.

For the entire game? No, Yoshi-P is still going to work on FFXIV while he also works on FFXVI. What I was trying to say is during the FFXIV Announcement Showcase announcing the newest expansion pack (which was originally planned for FFXIV Fan Fest 2020-2021 but cancelled due to the coronavirus), the Letter from the Producer Part LXII is going to announce patch 5.5, which is the final patch for the Final Fantasy XIV expansion Shadowbringers.

And trust me, for a expansion pack, Shadowbringers was highly praised as the best Final Fantasy ever told.

Chewybunny wrote:

I really really hope they make a Geomancer class available.

It would be neat, but I can only see it being implemented as a "limited job" like Blue Mage. Though the idea of having a bell as your main weapon is hilarious.

"And trust me, for a expansion pack, Shadowbringers was highly praised as the best Final Fantasy ever told."

Too bad that's the only area where Shadowbringers was anything but a major downgrade from previous expansions. (Still better than WoW and its constant emergency-glass-breaking, at least)

Raji_Lev wrote:

"And trust me, for a expansion pack, Shadowbringers was highly praised as the best Final Fantasy ever told."

Too bad that's the only area where Shadowbringers was anything but a major downgrade from previous expansions. (Still better than WoW and its constant emergency-glass-breaking, at least)

I will forever resent shadowbringers for reintroducing a problem they got absolute deluges of complaints for doing before, adding gender-locked races.

Pyroniusburn wrote:

I will forever resent shadowbringers for reintroducing a problem they got absolute deluges of complaints for doing before, adding gender-locked races.

The Viera has always been a female only race.

Square Memester wrote:

The Viera has always been a female only race.

No they haven't, the males are just scarcely mentioned in lore and don't appear.
Also this game does not take place in Ivalice, so they don't need to give two shits about ivalice lore.

Don't forget that the Miqo'te were originally a female only race with a similar reason to the Viera only for the developers to throw that reason out once everyone voiced their annoyances with gender locked races. Now we have a cat boy as a main line character in the story.

LesserAngel wrote:

It would be neat, but I can only see it being implemented as a "limited job" like Blue Mage. Though the idea of having a bell as your main weapon is hilarious.

I was thinking more in the style of Geomancers from Final Fantasy Tactics. Melee based class with light armor limitations, ability to use terrain based magic that was low damage but had a wide array of status effects. I loved that class in FFT.

Black Knight wrote:

As someone who got into this series with FFIV, all these references are making me very happy.

I hope we get a trial series where we fight the Four Fiends.

At the very least, the Four Fiends. Magus Sisters, Dr. Lugae and Barnabas, and the CPU would all make decent boss fights for FFXIV, IMO. Asura wouldn't surprise me either.

Black Knight wrote:

As someone who got into this series with FFIV, all these references are making me very happy.

I hope we get a trial series where we fight the Four Fiends.

I'd love to see how they handle Rubicante's gimmick in an MMO setting, would have to do some interesting back and forth of tactics depending on the state of his cloak.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!