Forums / Media / Video Games

38,603 total conversations in 2,698 threads

+ New Thread

Roger Craig Smith will be stepping down his role as Sonic The Hedgehog

Last posted Jan 28, 2021 at 09:44PM EST. Added Jan 28, 2021 at 03:06PM EST
2 posts from 2 users

RCS Twitter

After 10 years, Roger will be stepping down as his role as Sonic. Reasons behind this are unknown, not sure if it him choosing to step down himself or being laid off or something else.

Whatever the case it may be and regardless of what people think about Roger's voice as Sonic, he provided a pretty good role for Sonic and I thought it matched Sonic's personality alright.

Well Roger, you did well playing as the blue blur and good luck on whatever next zones you'll take on.

Last edited Jan 28, 2021 at 03:06PM EST

Some speculation I'm seeing is it's possible Sega might make Ben Schwartz, who played Sonic in the movie, the new official voice across all English Sonic media. Other speculation I'm seeing is there might have been a pay dispute with Smith wanting a pay raise after voicing Sonic for a whole decade across various media and Sega likely said "no." It's hard to say either way for the time being, though if Ben Schwartz does become the voice of Sonic in the games and the upcoming Netflix show then that might confirm the first piece of speculation could have been right (though alternatively if Schwartz takes over but it's not necessarily because Sega intended for him to be the only voice of Sonic for now it could end up being more like when Matthew Lillard took over as Shaggy in Scooby-Doo media when Casey Kasem retired).

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!