Forums / Media / Video Games

38,599 total conversations in 2,697 threads

+ New Thread

The Legend of Zelda turns 35

Last posted Mar 01, 2021 at 09:20AM EST. Added Feb 21, 2021 at 09:01PM EST
4 posts from 4 users

Weird to to think that some of the largest video game franchises are a few years older than I am. If only other companies could've kept their older series running as well (I'm looking at you, Capcom and Konami)

Wind Waker is the only game in the series I've played the most. I feel the sensation of adventure, colossal as it is, made me immerse into the world of the surface, but, at the same time, it oozes a sensation of nostalgia for the old world, Hyrule, with only traces of what's been left behind. Completing the map, one square at the time, exploring all islands to completion, searching for the triforce shards (which, against all odds, I didn't find it frustrating) and being overwhelmed by the amount of content there is, and a particular kind of history that opens and bridges the gaps of untold sides of the characters, I can't deny why it became my favorite of the saga.

I was hoping that for Zelda's anniversary they would port over the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD ports from Wii U to Switch (comparatively the Wii U's unit sales were lower than the Switch's ones – compare 13.56 million to 79 million). It's a little frustrating that the Skyward Sword port is ~$60, though the 3D All-Stars ports costs around the same amount. Over here they're the exact same price which is kind of disproportionate. I am thrilled for the BOTW 2 news later this year though, that looks promising.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!