Forums / Media / Video Games

38,599 total conversations in 2,697 threads

+ New Thread

Fortnite Impostors is a thing apparently

Last posted Sep 01, 2021 at 03:13PM EDT. Added Aug 20, 2021 at 01:47PM EDT
19 posts from 16 users

The devs behind Among Us commented "we may not own the rights to the ideas behind Among Us, but Epic really could have done at least a small something different from us," or that it's weird despite Epic being so willing to do collabs all the time they didn't reach out to Innersloth for an Among Us collab. People have noted the tasks and maps in Fortnite's Impostor Mode is also eerily too similar to the ones in Among Us.

Mistress Fortune wrote:

The devs behind Among Us commented "we may not own the rights to the ideas behind Among Us, but Epic really could have done at least a small something different from us," or that it's weird despite Epic being so willing to do collabs all the time they didn't reach out to Innersloth for an Among Us collab. People have noted the tasks and maps in Fortnite's Impostor Mode is also eerily too similar to the ones in Among Us.

Correlation doesn't always equal causation, but to expand upon what you're saying, I think the conclusion of EpicGames trying to copy InnerSloth has some truth to it.

- The main game mode is an online multiplayer social deduction game consisting of 10 players. 8 of those players must perform tasks, while keeping tabs on 2 possible 'imposters' who are lurking among the crew mates.

- A lot of the tasks are derived from Among Us (e.g. logging in, replicating card names…)

- The 2 'suspects' are labelled 'imposters', adjacent to their titles in Among Us.

- This feature was released during/after Among Us gained traction in the gaming community.

I agree that Among Us and Innersloth didn't pioneer the concept of social deduction games. The concept of social deduction was lifted of other games, like Mafia and Werwolf. To me it seems that the intention behind implementing this feature was just added to ride off the buzz of Among Us, and given the modes's glaring resemblance to Among Us. I don't think the mode is horrendous, sloppily made or anything, it's playable, but I don't think it's the most innovative version of the concept.

Considering the main game mode of Fortnite was an afterthought cooked up in a month to copy PUBG it's no surprise they'd do it again with Amogus. I'm friends with a lot of ex-Epic employees but by god do I hate their former company's trend-leeching.

Last edited Aug 21, 2021 at 08:55AM EDT

Fornite's a disease. I thought Save The World was cool, but everything after that makes me feel nihilistic as hell. We'd be so much better off without it honestly.

At least Among Us is good if you put aside the god awful memes (that might be kinda hard tho)

Last edited Aug 21, 2021 at 03:23PM EDT

No!! wrote:

What is next? They are going to add super smash bros clone mode? A Minecraft mode? A big titty goth gf mode?

I'd unironically enjoyed the smash bros clone and titty goth gf one

No!! wrote:

What is next? They are going to add super smash bros clone mode? A Minecraft mode? A big titty goth gf mode?

Part of me thinks that the Smash clone is not if, it's more of when it will happen.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!