Forums / Media / Video Games

38,600 total conversations in 2,698 threads

+ New Thread

So there will be a CoD in 2021 after all, called "Vanguard"

Last posted Aug 21, 2021 at 12:46PM EDT. Added Aug 20, 2021 at 08:01PM EDT
3 posts from 3 users

I legit wondered if after all the stuff going on with ActiBlizz right now if CoD would actually miss a year for once, but nope looks like it's not. This years game is subtitled "Vanguard" and is made by Sledgehammer, who previously did Advanced Warfare and CoD: WWII, and like their previous entry this one is also set in WW2. Similar to the older CoD games the campaign will follow battles on multiple fronts with four main characters. A British soldier fighting in the Western Front, an American soldier in the Pacific, an Australian soldier in North Africa, and a Soviet soldier on the Eastern Front. The game will be more in line with the series' usual "action movie" approach rather than the somewhat more grounded and gritty approach CoD WWII took. The game will launch on November 5 (with Battlefield and CoD both having release dates now, I expect Microsoft might confirm Halo: Infinite's campaign and multiplayer launch soon for mid November before Black Friday), and will have a zombies mode included that Treyarch is handling.

While I do have a dislike for ActiBlizz's upper management who most of the money goes toward, you do have to remember the devs at Sledgehammer are the ones who make the game, so Sledgehammer isn't really the company who hate should be directed at. Hopefully the campaign will be solid like Modern Warfare 2019 and Cold War were.

DICE did this with BFV. It was a tonal and commercial flop

Treating history like this will never not be cringe. I'll take a million more of the older, generic Band of Brothers inspired WWII games over more of this unwelcome, unoriginal, unentertaining, uninspired, ahistorical, kitschy, trite, pop-culture saturated, soulless, aesthetically unappealing, sterile, tasteless, manufactured, Hollywood garbage.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!