Forums / Media / Video Games

38,598 total conversations in 2,697 threads

+ New Thread

Eidos-Montréal, now free from Square Enix, apparently wants to make a new Deus-Ex and "do what Cyberpunk 2077 couldn't

Last posted Aug 11, 2022 at 10:27PM EDT. Added Aug 10, 2022 at 12:04PM EDT
7 posts from 5 users

I'm not sure if this deserves a thread since this is just a rumor so far (it's still very early), but if true, would mean that Deus Ex as an IP could return, even if it would undoubtedly take a while to start development (it apparently has another project going on). I mostly got the info from YongYea's video.

The statement "do what Cyberpunk 2077" does catch my eye, and surprisingly, I'm kinda skeptical about it, since it's pretty vague for one thing (one commenter notes that "having a functional game" would technically constitute as "doing what CP2077 didn't). Does a new Deus Ex need to have the wide scope/content that CP2077 claimed to have (or at least wanted to have), or the hype cycle surrounding it to succeed?

No matter what, I do wish Eidos best of luck in all their future endeavors away from Square Enix.

If they simply make something similar in scale to the previous games then I'll be happy. If they go full open world then they need to make sure it'll be functional, but again I'd be 100% fine with them taking the same "linear progression, but very open ended level design" philosophy of the prior entries. Main thing I want is a conclusion to Adam Jensen's storyline. Given the canon of the series and the fact Jensen's story is a prequel it's inevitable of course he won't take down the larger threat of the Illuminati and Majestic 12, but he could still at least plant the seeds that later lead into the Denton brothers continuing the fight (best I can hope for is maybe he interacts with Paul at some point).

Carrie Enright wrote:

You forgot to add they acquired Crystal Dynamics too. This makes me hopefully of a Gex 4.

Don't forget Legacy of Kain. Amy Hennig is freelance now so I'm sure they could bring her back to continue the story (though she's also busy working on a Marvel project and she's finally getting to make a Star Wars game like she was hoping to do when she used to work for Visceral Games).

Last edited Aug 11, 2022 at 09:28AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!