Forums / Media / Video Games

38,600 total conversations in 2,698 threads

+ New Thread

PS5 seeing price INCREASE in Canada, Mexico, Europe, Australia, and Asia

Last posted Sep 02, 2022 at 12:37PM EDT. Added Aug 25, 2022 at 09:32AM EDT
8 posts from 6 users

Source

Sony is blaming market inflation (insert obvious jokes here about me being the one to report this) as the reason why the price is increasing in these markets, but like when Facebook/Meta increased the price of the Oculus Quest 2 I'm not entirely certain I buy that completely. The United States is one of the few major markets that's avoiding a price increase for the time being, but it wouldn't surprise me if once the 2022 holiday season is over Sony decides to do this in the US too.

While I dunno if Microsoft has commented on price increases, I know Nintendo's higher ups were asked about a price increase for the Switch by investors following Facebook/Meta's price hike of the Oculus Quest 2 and Nintendo's response was "no we're not planning any sort of price increase." I can already imagine Sony and Nintendo's contrasting decisions will only fuel the "console war" mentality.

How are all the companies handling the chip shortage?

I think another thing that Sony and all the other companies need to do is do something about the scalpers. Valve I know has tried something with their Steam Deck, but don't know how successful they were.

Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't this console released three years ago and there's currently only 5 games you can only play on PS5? Why is this console so wanted again? Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a PS4 and play games on that? You can play most games both on PS4 and PS5 isn't that correct?

I'm not against people using their own money however they wan't to or saying that they shouldn't be buying whatever they wan't to. It's just weird to see so many people obsess over this and trying to get one like their life depends on it or something when it really doesn't seem like it could offer anything special.

Known Memes wrote:

Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't this console released three years ago and there's currently only 5 games you can only play on PS5? Why is this console so wanted again? Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a PS4 and play games on that? You can play most games both on PS4 and PS5 isn't that correct?

I'm not against people using their own money however they wan't to or saying that they shouldn't be buying whatever they wan't to. It's just weird to see so many people obsess over this and trying to get one like their life depends on it or something when it really doesn't seem like it could offer anything special.

Two years ago, actually--well, a year and nine months.

According to a friend of mine, "there are a lot of people who would splurge for a new console just to play CoD and FIFA".

Another friend of mine says she bought a PS5 to improve performance on the PS4 games that she already has.

Yeah I don't get it either, though I might not be on the same wavelength as other people when it comes to money.

Last edited Aug 26, 2022 at 06:54AM EDT

Known Memes wrote:

Doesen't PS5 allow to play PS4 games at higher framerate?

𝓢𝖎𝖓𝖆𝖊𝖑 𝓲𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓒𝓔𝓞 𝓸𝓯 𝓗𝓸𝓻𝓷𝔂 wrote:

Doesen't PS5 allow to play PS4 games at higher framerate?

It's a very "game by game" situation (and to be fair it's the same deal with Xbox Series and it's "FPS Boost" system). Some games get patches that can bump the framerate like what happened with Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Assassin's Creed: Origins, some already had the option to unlock the framerate on PS4 Pro but now they can achieve 60 far more consistently (like God of War 2018), and then some games never really capped the framerate at 30 to begin with and can run at 60 on PS5 because on PS4 the uncapped framerate generally stuck to 30 the majority of the time (like Dark Souls 3).

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!