Forums / Media / Websites

2,569 total conversations in 244 threads

+ New Thread

The rumors were true, Google is buying Twitch for $1 billion dollars

Last posted Jul 25, 2014 at 06:43AM EDT. Added Jul 25, 2014 at 01:42AM EDT
12 posts from 11 users

They won't add G+, Google themselves have said that integration on YouTube was a poor decision and are planning on removing it. Besides, Twitch has had decent account management for as long as they've been around, no need to add anything to it.

If anything, I'd like to see if this means they'll finally transfer the iframes from Flash to HTML5; Twitch streams play complete havoc on my in-game FPS when I'm watching one because Flash uses so much processing power.

@Twilitlord

They won’t add G+, Google themselves have said that integration on YouTube was a poor decision and are planning on removing it.

Source? I don't believe this at all.

That article is no more trustworthy than the first article that sparked the rumors to begin with. No comment from Twitch or Google and this news comes from "a familiar source"? Yeah, sounds like good journalism to me.

Also, moving to Websites board.

You know we wouldn't be anticipating any drastic changes if it was Yahoo buying Twitch. They hardly messed around with Tumblr's setup. I have a strong hunch the big G will try to integrate Twitch with Youtube if ever they will buy the site. I dunno how ready we will be with the new setup once that happens.

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

@Taryn:
The announcement was made sometime after the creator of Google Plus, Vic Gundotra, left the company. Around 3 months ago. Link To Article

Be sure to read the article thoroughly. No announcement was made in the article, and Google even denied Vic leaving would have any impact on their mission.

“Today’s news has no impact on our Google+ strategy--we have an incredibly talented team that will continue to build great user experiences across Google+, Hangouts, and Photos.”

This is not a news article, merely an editorial saying "we think this will happen". It even uses a Techcrunch editorial as a source. Personally I find it highly unlikely that GOOG will back off of G+ integration anytime soon.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!