Forums / Media / Websites

2,569 total conversations in 244 threads

+ New Thread

Trouble in Channel Awesome.

Last posted Feb 12, 2015 at 06:17PM EST. Added Jan 20, 2015 at 05:19PM EST
9 posts from 9 users

http://channelawesomeconfessions.tumblr.com/post/108024482046/what-happened-at-ca-what-ca-blowup

It seems that there's been a lot of problems between CA and it's producers. A few of the classic contributors have left, some on less than friendly terms.

I knew something was fishy after they let go of RebelTaxi for missing a call but I wasn't expecting things to be this bad. I didn't even know the contributors weren't getting paid until now.

It's a shame this went down when i started visiting that site again.
I've never liked the higher ups at CA, very unprofessional and spiteful people.

Some of the producers have shared their stories, they spell out how there is favoritism, bad communication and consequences for not taking a call immediately.

Kinda makes the anniversary movies less enjoyable now.

Though I don't agree with it, I can at least understand why they dropped TJ Kirk a while back; Even though I personally like him, he's one of those controversial people that you either love or hate, and they probably want to avoid shitstorms. I don't however understand why they're getting rid of so many lately. It's seeming more and more that the people running it are just kind of assholes.

It just seems like they're a bunch of people who were never really meant to run a for-real for-profit company that involves dozens of individuals, where you simply have to make difficult business decisions that run a high risk of screwing at least one of them over. From the long amount of time I've watched the Walkers, I'd say that they don't seem like the type who would want to hurt anyone's feelings in a personal way. However…
"I informed Rob of my decision to leave the site which he was cool about but I guess Mike wasn’t and my vids were removed immediately."
This Mike Michaud guy (CEO of Channel Awesome, in case anyone's wondering) almost seems like the devil whispering in their ear, or at least the guy most responsible for this fuckery. I don't know what it would take for Doug to replace him though (assuming that he's essentially on the "board of directors", and therefore has greater power), considering that they were good friends even years before his series got launched and he was the one who gave him the idea for the website in the first place.

xTSGx wrote:

How not to do HR--especially since the Internet Hate Machine can get revved up in minutes.

I don't follow Channel Awesome, but Jesus Christ in a hot dog bun how do you get away with that kind of thing?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!