Forums / Media / Websites

2,569 total conversations in 244 threads

+ New Thread

Youtube Celebrates LGBT #ProudToBe

Last posted Jun 28, 2016 at 05:36PM EDT. Added Jun 21, 2016 at 03:11PM EDT
47 posts from 28 users

H.UNgrammar wrote:

Storm ahead Captain!

Well, it's nice to know I'm not the only one disgusted by these comments. I'm neutral to transgendered people (and I'll just say there's only two genders and leave it at that, as I don't like getting involved in that debate), but seriously, these comments are genuinely offensive ("homosexuality is a mental illness" my fucking ass). These idiots are not protecting free speech from the eeeevil SJWs by saying shit like this and being "politically incorrect," they're saying stuff that makes them look like intolerant morons.

Last edited Jun 21, 2016 at 04:42PM EDT

I…

I don't know what to say. Just let people accept who they are and let them do what they want. Why is it so hard to understand that?

Are you guys really taking YT shitposts seriously? They're not trying to protect free speech or make some point about political correctness, they're just pissing people off. Only thing better than obvious YT shitposts are the oblivious YT users who respond.

Colonel Dude wrote:

Well, it's nice to know I'm not the only one disgusted by these comments. I'm neutral to transgendered people (and I'll just say there's only two genders and leave it at that, as I don't like getting involved in that debate), but seriously, these comments are genuinely offensive ("homosexuality is a mental illness" my fucking ass). These idiots are not protecting free speech from the eeeevil SJWs by saying shit like this and being "politically incorrect," they're saying stuff that makes them look like intolerant morons.

To be honest this is more damaging for those who would post that how proud they are being hetero, male or white. Why? Because the majority will compare them to these bigots.

I'm more like an "unity over diversity" type of guy. I believe that people should not exclude the majority because they are not opressed. That will just alienate peole. Bullshit.

Of course these talking assholes like YT commenters don't make this easier. However you could separate yourself from them with a few well worded sentence like "I'm proud to be white but i'm not hateful". Something what can't really say a bigot…

But i talked too much about trivial thing.

The previous was just an appetizer from the incoming massive shitstrom. If you don't want headache just avoid the net (or the controversy loving sites) for a few days.

Edit: Typos as usual

Last edited Jun 21, 2016 at 05:04PM EDT

H.UNgrammar wrote:

To be honest this is more damaging for those who would post that how proud they are being hetero, male or white. Why? Because the majority will compare them to these bigots.

I'm more like an "unity over diversity" type of guy. I believe that people should not exclude the majority because they are not opressed. That will just alienate peole. Bullshit.

Of course these talking assholes like YT commenters don't make this easier. However you could separate yourself from them with a few well worded sentence like "I'm proud to be white but i'm not hateful". Something what can't really say a bigot…

But i talked too much about trivial thing.

The previous was just an appetizer from the incoming massive shitstrom. If you don't want headache just avoid the net (or the controversy loving sites) for a few days.

Edit: Typos as usual

Good advice. I'm getting the fuck outta here, I don't want to deal with this shit!

Oh right. So, /b/ is messing with the dislikes ratio in the video and flagging the video with whatever they can, from my understanding.

Don't take everything you see on youtube seriously.

Last edited Jun 21, 2016 at 05:49PM EDT

I got to "Omnisexual Polysexual" and immediately turned the video off. What I thought was a legit LBGT acceptance video was actually a Tumblr-snowflake video.

I am split here. On one hand I agree that this Tumblr shit being grouped together with real LBGT makes me sick and does not help the non crazies and makes me want to dislike the video.

On the other hand, the amount of blanket homophobia in the comments is even more sickening, because I know not all of it are trolls, and I don't want to add to their hate campaign.

Look, i'm all for being gay or bi, but when you try to "celebrate" your demigodsexuality, and try to push it over what's actually biologically possible, I'm putting my foot down.

There are only two genders.
It's not social construct.
It's HUMAN BIOLOGY.

also posting this from the /b/ thread <3

I know it's not meant to be taken seriously, but people are quite literally advocating for the gassing of people, or praising the Orlando shooter.
Wether these people are being sincere or not, that still seems rather excessive to me.

Mangy Black Sheep wrote:

So what? A Youtube comment section is full of Cancer, what else is new?

Posted a picture sent by my colleague about the topic. Even put a not-so-funny-or-original quote to show what a shitshow the whole thing. What else do you expected?

What bothers me most about this video is that they had fucking kids talk about how they identify as "agender" or whatever fucking gender is hot on Tumblr.

Ugh, that whole situation is a complete fucking mess. I almost responded to some of those comments, almost. But i caught myself at the last moment. I think its best to just let that play out and go on about our days.

TripleA9000 wrote:

Ugh, that whole situation is a complete fucking mess. I almost responded to some of those comments, almost. But i caught myself at the last moment. I think its best to just let that play out and go on about our days.

Yeah I think its best to just let them have their fun, They will get board eventually and move on to another flame bait video

I don't know whats funnier tbh. Tumblr users trying to pretend like their made up genders should have the same respect as Bisexual, Lesbian, Gay, and Transgender communities, Youtube deciding they should get the spotlight over people actually in the LGBT community, The youtube commenters trying to be as offensive as possible as a kneejerk, or the assholes on a memesite with an entire section dedicated to offensive shitposting acting shocked that youtube comments are shitty and offensive.

Fiddle with my Diddle wrote:

Yeah I think its best to just let them have their fun, They will get board eventually and move on to another flame bait video

Sigh… I'll be honest and admit that it was dumb of me to take those comments seriously. But then again, I didn't think they were joking (Poe's Law is a thing, y'know). Even if they were, it was still pretty stupid.

rudolph wrote:

I'm identifying myself as a shopping cart.

If you're gonna contribute, try to use an actual opinion instead of a straw man to mock others.

And if you're gonna use a straw man to mock others, at least have the creativity to come up with something funny and original.

I'm identifying myself as a Filthy Frank reaction GIF.

Whatever 4chan aimed for, they succeeded. This thread's reactions being evidence of it.

Mom Rivers wrote:

If you're gonna contribute, try to use an actual opinion instead of a straw man to mock others.

And if you're gonna use a straw man to mock others, at least have the creativity to come up with something funny and original.

#ProudToBePanzerkampfwagenVIBTigerIIMainBattleTank
#PanzerSolidarity

Let's see…

…Special snowflakes saying their made-up gender must be respected…
…Homophobic, oblivious and hateful comments on youtube…
…LisaLombs posted…
…/b/ derailing everything…

6/10, this shit is getting repetitive, gimme something new please. I am on the verge of making a bingo-game based on this all.

okay lets see

- youtube pushes away your subscriber content for LGBT shit which is notorious for attention whoring to begin with (oh and did I mention it autoplays?) and people are pissed off
- LGBT tards assuming complaints = homohpobia, actual homophobics assume this is Yet Another Agenda Push
- people are surprised someone posted shitty homophobic comments on youtube about faggots and trannies
- there is no fucking middle ground because lol LGBT middle ground whats that
- Superjumpman summarizes the KYM response accurately

How is anyone surprised by any of this shit anymore

Last edited Jun 22, 2016 at 02:57PM EDT

You don't have to be a homophobe to see this as yet another agenda push. Some of the people in that vid identified as food. We were wrong, the slippery slope didn't lead from gay marriage to pedophilia, it led to people demanding everybody else acknowledges them as french toast. At least the majority would have been against pedophiles, here we've got major corporations saying you're a homophobic bigot that doesn't deserve the right to speak if you're going to say there's a problem with accepting someone as a breakfast item.

Well duh it's an agenda push, I just don't think most people want to admit it as one. That's part of the obnoxious side of it. It's not about being who you are, it's about saying these people are unique and you just have to fucking deal with that.

It's funny that you bring up "identify as food" because what's odd in LGBT circles is that this is generally considered more acceptable than actual, researched conditions like BIID (so identifying as a one armed person). I've brought it up before and I'll bring it up again – LGBT is scared shitless of BIID because BIID is a condition that's a lot like being trans but they can't use the social dicksucking associated with it, because nobody wants to be around a weirdo who wants to get their arm cut off or some shit. It's something that knocks this group back to earth and has them realize that at least the "T" is something that should be cured instead of just being tolerated to a ridiculous degree – because maybe giving them what they want isn't the best solution.

However, as I've stated previously before as well, "curing" transgender people doesn't entail throwing them through therapy, because that doesn't work. Currently the best cure is transitioning but I don't think this is a longtime viable option due to potential health risks. However, transitioning doesn't entail acting like a fucking retard and not dealing with your other problems because you're a tranny and that just means everyone should just put up with your shit.

And personally, as someone who's gay and trans, I'm so fucking sick of seeing that agenda pushed in my face even when I want to search shit about my own personal health. It's fucking ridiculous that on most LGBT websites I have to go and pilfer through paragraphs of whiny trite just to find out medical or legal information or something. Hey, and how about the possibility that I don't want to be seen as a gay tranny but I'd rather be seen as me? Or the fact that I'd rather not want to inject my tranny shit into every waking part of my life when it's already a pain in the ass to deal with already?

I mean I cannot explain how frustrating it is as a gay trans person that my voice is continually shot down because it doesn't "conform" to the LGBT expectation. What the fuck? Aren't you morons supposed to be activists? There are real fucking problems, why don't you fix that shit!

Ultimately all this bullshit boils down to these people not accepting that they are strange, and that being strange isn't the problem, its people who get in your business about being strange who are. Literally every other group of people who has to deal with this must accept this but for some reason LGBT has gotten a pass recently, I guess because of it's sheer size. Most other groups deal with this by pushing themselves forward despite these challenges, and LGBT in the past did this as well. Now it's just being a little bitch.

Last edited Jun 22, 2016 at 03:31PM EDT

{ LGBT is scared shitless of BIID because BIID is a condition that’s a lot like being trans but they can’t use the social dicksucking associated with it }

lol

It's ableist and disrespectful to WANT to be disabled, but it's brave and empowering to WANT to be a different gender. In both cases, the person's brain is telling them that their current body is not right, it's not the one they're meant to be in. LGBT hates BIID because it poses the ultimatum: do we indulge the broken brain circuits that tell us we're really supposed to be a boy, or an amputee, or french toast? Or do we treat it as a mental illness and try to help that person feel comfortable in their own skin? So the agenda became a PR campaign to separate LGBT from mental illness. They're not ill, their brain isn't wrong, they were supposed to, destined to, FATED TO be a boy but something funny happened in the womb and they popped out a girl instead. No illness here, just a small correction that needs to be made. But those sickos who think they want to be disabled? They're not like us. Nope. Not at all the same thing. If you think so YOU'RE the fucking bigot, okay.

If the best cure for GIID is transitioning, why isn't the best cure for BIID to cut off the limb or blind the person or whatever it is they feel needs to be done in order for them to not kill themselves? Same symptoms. Same consequences. Different spin.

I'm not too sure how similar Transsexuality and GIID is. I mean, on the outside it seems similar but when it comes to Transsexualism, there are studies that have found differences in brain structure between men and women and that transsexuals genuinely have the wrong structure, beign disabled isn't a brain issue, it's a body issue (unless you're mentally disabled but your brain is either retarded or it's not) That's where the two diverge.

Pippeli wrote:

I respect everyone in the LGBT community but if you think that there are more than 2 genders then you are wrong, simple as that.

What about middle genders do you think those exist? I don't mean they're genders on their on I mean gender as a spectrum kind of like sexuality. Do you think it's possible someone's head could be extra fucked and they get stuck somewhere in between boy and girl? Because saying "there are only 2 genders" does not account for this. I'm pretty sure it's clear to like everyone here that "stargender" and stuff like that is fake, but where do you stand on middle ones or kind of the bisexuality equivalent of gender?

@Ryumaru

Not really because BIID is also an actual disorder just as much as GID, the only difference is the treatment is different as Lisa said. BIID has like no research on it but we know as much as the fact that it exists. I really wish we had more concrete info on it.

Last edited Jun 22, 2016 at 04:45PM EDT

I'd also like to clarify that while I believe personally there is definitely a basis for middle genders to exist I'm also completely sure it is over self-diagnosed. I've seen girls who like to wear pants some days and skirts on others so they call themselves genderfluid. That's obviously not a good thing.

{ there are studies that have found differences in brain structure between men and women and that transsexuals genuinely have the wrong structure }

All paragraphs from here (PDF).

{ Neuroanatomically the BIID is characterized by an increased excitability of the dorsal-horn neurons, a reduction of inhibitory
processes, and structural changes at the central nerve endings of the primary sensory neurons, the interneurons and the projection neurons. This central sensitization is mediated by the NMDA receptor and its transmitter is glutamate (Flor, 2002). Thalamic stimulation and recordings in human amputees have shown that reorganizational changes also occur at the thalamic level and are closely related to the perception of phantom limbs and phantom-limb pain. Tactile stimulation for undesired limbs causes a different brain activity (van Dijk et al., 2013). It has been suggested an absent memory process by a Hebbian learning mechanism for the limbs after amputation that could explain the weak phantom feelings (Ramachandram & Hirstein, 1998). After the amputation, a cortical reorganization via long-range horizontal collateral pyramidal neurons through the GABA releasing might be occurring adjacent to the deaffeented areas (DeFelipe et al., 1986). }

{ Although both the BIID and the transsexual desire of gonadectomy could be defined as deep discomfort sensations that causes clinically significant distress to the patient, in both disorders patients recognize reality, meaning those discomfort sensations are illusions, not delusions. In both cases, after surgical restoration discomfort between body and gender or identity does not persist. Those people have in common that they are preoccupied (defined as extreme or excessive concern) with their body concept. That preoccupation causes clinically significant distress (depressed mood, anxiety, shame) or impairment in occupational or other important social areas. The distress increases and intensifies the desire of changing their bodies. }

Firstly described as apotemnophile (amputation lovers) by Money et al. (1977) and most recently as Xenomelia (McGeogh et al., 2011; Brugger et al., 2013), a holdover from sexological research at Johns Hopkins in the 1970s, Body Integrity Identity Disorder (BIID) is used to describe people who feel from an early age that part of their body does not belong to them and they want to get rid of it, no matter what the cost is. They do not accept a particular limb as part of their body, even if it there’s nothing wrong with its structure and function.

BIID patients usually report thinking about their perceived appearance flaws for an average of 3 – 8 hours a day and about one quarter report for more than 8 hours a day (Phillips et al., 2010). In BIID different motivations for wanting an amputation have been described and they usually report more than one reason, although restoring identity is much more likely to be reported as primary (First, 2005). This pathology is usually strongly associated with high levels of social anxiety and some obsessive compulsive behaviors (i.e. mirror checking) have been described. Very poor functioning and high levels or rates of depression, anxiety, social anxiety, anger/hostility, suicidality and other proxy measures of distress are usually described (Phillips et al., 2010).

The conviction that a lower leg or arm does not belong to them develops at an early age, generally when patients are a child, or sometimes as a young adult. A child with BIID will cut figures out of newspapers, and then chop off the leg that they want to have amputated themselves.

Only once their limbs have been amputated, they do feel “complete”. Surgeons who carry out these requests run the risk of being condemned for amputating a healthy limb. It seems that two-thirds of those patients, who do ultimately manage to have an amputation, damage their unwanted limb to the extent that it has to be amputated. Sometimes this involves putting their whole life in danger by putting a bullet through the kneecap, freezing the leg or using a saw to do the job themselves and paradoxically they finally “feel complete” and with the only regret of no having done it sooner. }

Ya'll can downvote me all you want but it's the exact same thing, just a different body part being removed. So why do we only think one of them is brave and beautiful and empowering? Either they both need psychiatric help or they both need to be encouraged to have the surgery that will allow them to live happily in their own bodies (AND get the taxpayers to fork out money to cover it, because it's an emergency medical procedure and they'll die without it as the LGBT community has established~). The only reason this double standard exists is because LGBT has been doing damage control for the past few decades while the BIID patients were being ignored.

So sorry the facts don't align with your current opinion.

Ryumaru Borike wrote:

I'm not too sure how similar Transsexuality and GIID is. I mean, on the outside it seems similar but when it comes to Transsexualism, there are studies that have found differences in brain structure between men and women and that transsexuals genuinely have the wrong structure, beign disabled isn't a brain issue, it's a body issue (unless you're mentally disabled but your brain is either retarded or it's not) That's where the two diverge.

There are studies that show the exact same thing, but even clearer, in those who suffer from motor (paralysis/amputation) forms of BIID. This might suggest that both might have some sort of related cause. In addition GID appears at a much higher rate in BIID populations than the general population, but considering the small size of the latter it might be too early to tell.

Sources:

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0072212
http://www.sciencepublishinggroup.com/journal/paperinfo.aspx?journalid=203&doi=10.11648/j.ajap.20140306.14
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13875868.2011.603773
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10508-006-9026-6

(sorry too lazy to actually add formatting lol)

Again, I've been saying this repeatedly for months but apparently nobody actually checks the sources I list. This is exactly the kind of shit I've been talking about and people think I'm fucking crazy.

By the way, I think a lot of this has to do with society's discomfort with approaching disability in the first place. Ask any disabled person whether or not their disability plays a part into their identity in some way and it will absolutely be a yes – either that they are comfortable with the fact that they are disabled, or that they feel that it conflicts with their own personal image of themselves. I know many people born blind who "identify" comfortably as a blind person and I know ones that don't – disability is every bit a part of your identity as gender is, as well as any other physical trait of your body. Imagine if you lost your arm or went blind – that would be a huge destruction of your own personal identity – and you understand how disability or lack thereof is a part of your identity.

Of course, leave it to LGBT to continue to confuse the masses. I should note that LGBT activism in general is notorious for writing whiny shit articles about how awful those whiny BIID kids are and actively continues to fill people's heads with bullshit to perpetuate this lie that GID and BIID are somehow much different. Seriously, read this shit and you'll find their only point is that "it makes ME feel uncomfortable!". Wow, I wonder how the people with BIID feel?

Let's face it – BIID is an acceptable target and GID isn't.

Now in terms of addressing the conditions we have to address one thing – GID and BIID are different disorders in the same way that the same type of injury on a different part of your body can be more severe. BIID is the more severe of the two and this must be taken into account in terms of treatment – but it's beyond bizarre that it's acceptable to try to eradicate BIID but not GID which has similar symptoms. If you could avoid being born with either, wouldn't that be awesome? No more having to go through a lifelong, expensive "journey" just to feel comfortable in your own skin. I don't get it.

Last edited Jun 22, 2016 at 09:30PM EDT

Wow. I expected a better replies in the beginning, Not angry gay/bi/les/trans users calling everyone a homophobic for making fun of everyone in the video. I know it's not free speech if anyone uses profanity, but everyone has opinions, they can hate anything they want to hate, and if i hate gay people, i'm not homophobic.

By the way, why's LGBT celebrating Pride Month in 2016? Orlando shooting happened and Black Lives Matter ruined everything during the celebration in LGBT community. Now i'm expecting BLM becoming enemies to LGBT community.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!