Forums / Media / Websites

2,569 total conversations in 244 threads

+ New Thread

Russian YouTuber Faces Jail Time For Playing Pokemon Go In Cathedral

Last posted Sep 04, 2016 at 09:39PM EDT. Added Sep 04, 2016 at 02:30PM EDT
4 posts from 3 users

So there's this Russian YouTuber named Ruslan Sokolovsky who made a video in which he played Pokemon Go. In the video he actually enters a Cathedral and plays the game on video. Apparently this is some serious federal offense in Russia because he got arrested and sent to jail as a result of this video and could stay there for 5 years.

video:

Yahoo article about the whole thing

Moscow Times Article

and here's a video from another Russian YouTuber (NFKRZ) explaining this (don't worry it's in English)

Thoughts?

Last edited Sep 04, 2016 at 02:33PM EDT

I'm a bit split. I mean, I find it quite disrespectful to play a Pokemon game in a cathedral, where people worship religion, a highly influential and respected practice to the human race. But I don't think you should necessarily be in jail for 5 years because of it. Overall, he definitely deserves a punishment, like a fine, but not 5 years.

@Your Waifu
A fine for… what, exactly? Based on this video, cathedral or not, it appears to be a building that's open for anyone to just walk into when they feel like it. It should be the right of the people who manage the place to kick him out if they so choose- the government should have nothing to do with it, unless, for example, the guy resists.
But it's obvious based on the latter video that this whole clusterfuck originates in Russian legislation that is a profound restriction on freedom of religion.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!