Forums / Media / Websites

2,569 total conversations in 244 threads

+ New Thread

Family Guy and injuries.[NSFW]

Last posted Sep 24, 2016 at 06:23PM EDT. Added Sep 24, 2016 at 04:31PM EDT
4 posts from 3 users

I'm starting to think that there is a sort of displacement when It comes to Family Guy and injuries.
Let me explain,you may all know that Family guy focuses a lot on shock imagery,there are moments like exploded fingers,heads cut in half and so on,but unlike other adult TV shows these kind of thinks happen really often in the show.
Despite everything some characters manage to survive from situations and sometimes thay don't.
Take this one for example:(sorry for the quality of the images)
Peter ties Brian's rope toy to his car and Brian follows him

Brian crashes against different objects on the road at high speed

Then he smashes into a fire hydrant,breaking his nose and all his teeth(I'm not going to show the entire image because that would against the forum rules)

This should've been and instant kill and yet he managed to survive.
How about this one for example:
He got beaten up by Stewie twice in the same episode and the 2nd time he got shot on the knees and then burned down with a flamethrower

Survives again

but when got ran over by a random car ,he dies

Now let's talk about Peter,he's able to stand against a giant chicken by destroying half city and surviving to the impossible.But when he fought against Joe and Liam Neeson…

He got destroyed
I'm totally fine with making Peter lose,but if you're telling me that he suffered more in these fights than he did with the chicken…sorry but NO,this makes no sense.
What do you think about this?

It's a comedy, and humor goes above realism or even internal consistency. Things happen because they're funny, and something will only happen realistically if it's funny for it to do so.

(Granted, this is Family Guy, so a lot of the "comedy" actually isn't funny, but the point still stands.)

Snickerway wrote:

It's a comedy, and humor goes above realism or even internal consistency. Things happen because they're funny, and something will only happen realistically if it's funny for it to do so.

(Granted, this is Family Guy, so a lot of the "comedy" actually isn't funny, but the point still stands.)

There are also situations like these where Family Guy wants to be se serious and It doesn't feel like a comedy anymore.
There are adult shows like the Simpsons and South Park that know how to balance the violence,by using it in the right moments.
Family Guy comes to a point where you don't even know if scenes like these supposed to funny or serious.

The serious fight scenes and gore are simply there to pander to their target demographic.

One thing I will never understand though was that domestic violence episode.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!