Forums / Media / Websites

2,569 total conversations in 244 threads

+ New Thread

Encyclopaedia Dramatica is getting sued

Last posted May 30, 2017 at 11:06PM EDT. Added May 26, 2017 at 09:43PM EDT
11 posts from 9 users

A tech millionaire that goes by the name of Jonathan Monsarrat had zero sympathy for what was said about him on the site and decided to file a lawsuit against ED.

The situation seems pretty serious and could lead to the end of the site, considering they have started a crowdfunding campaing to finance themselves a decent lawyer.

Thoughts?

Can you give us a source on what ED specifically said about him? Kinda hard to determine whether this would be a justified libel case or just a butthurt millionaire not liking being called mean names on the internet.

Wayback Machine pulls up nothing, in case anyone was wondering.
Given that apparently this guy has a history of filing frivolous lawsuits (just Google his name), I'm leaning towards "butthurt millionaire".

If Butthurt Millionaire wins, I be impressed, but sort of disappointed. If ED wins, I'll await for an article that tears him a new one.

Tyranid Warrior #1024649049375 wrote:

You'd think these people would've set up some sort of failsafe for this happening. I mean did they really not expect something like this to happen sooner or later or anything?

Guess years and years of relatively nothing seriously damaging (at least, seriously threatening the safety of ED itself) didn't seem the need for a failsafe until now.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!