Forums / Media / Websites

2,569 total conversations in 244 threads

+ New Thread

Jirard Khalil of The Completionist is being forced to remove all videos featuring old co-host Greg by September 1, 2017

Last posted Aug 04, 2017 at 12:23PM EDT. Added Aug 01, 2017 at 09:56PM EDT
8 posts from 8 users

So yeah if you wanna watch these episodes or download them you got a month to do so because Jirard himself has to remove them by September 1 or else he may face legal problems from his former co-host Greg.

Funny story about this. I saw Jirard and Greg at a convention in 2015. Jirard was on stage doing a Mega Man X speed run, and this was streamed live as part of a weekend-long Mega Man marathon.

At one point, Greg started talking about a driving game he remembered playing as a kid. While he was describing it, somebody reminded him that it was "Chase HQ". He started gushing over it, but Jirard insisted that it wasn't all that good. Thinking the exchange was funny, the crowd started chanting for Greg to play Chase HQ on stage. The hosts allowed it, and during Jirard's run he ran to the vendor hall and tracked down a copy of Super Chase HQ on sale by one of the retro games dealers. Greg played for a little while after Mega Man X while he and Jirard kept arguing about it.

Later, on a panel with colleagues, Greg and ProJared briefly bonded over their memories of the Chase HQ series, and Jirard acted exasperated.

Only 2 weeks later, Greg left The Completionist. I like to imagine they never settled their differences over the quality of Chase HQ.

Last edited Aug 01, 2017 at 11:20PM EDT

A couple of things:
1- It's sad to hear that Greg and Jirard's friendship ended in bad terms. I actually do like Greg and his humor, so to me is even sadder hearing this news.
2- I admire that Jirard is being mature and professional about this, and encourages others to do the same. Is for stuff like this that makes me respect him.
3- 'I will make the 130 episodes again, from scratch'

Some of the best, the worst, and/or the most difficult games to complete, and to remake them with new content? I'm so hyped right now.

I hope the best for Jirard in these difficult times, and I'm looking forward for more of his videos.

Given that it has been about 2 years since Jirad and Greg had their falling out, it feels like a dick move on Greg's part if you ask me.

One question I still don't understand is what legal right does Greg have to demand the 120 episodes he appeared in be taken down?

Tell you the truth, I discovered The Completionist channel after Greg's departure. I did see some of the 120 episodes with his involvement following those events but, I've come to realize that, I liked seeing Jirard on his own rather than the two together. I'm not really sure why but I guess I simply preferred the one man dynamic more.

Despite this, I'm looking forward for what people are starting to call "the era of New Game +". A new kind of perspective for all of 'em 120.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!