Forums / Media / Websites

2,569 total conversations in 244 threads

+ New Thread

The new Youtube Rewind is here.

Last posted Dec 07, 2017 at 06:28PM EST. Added Dec 06, 2017 at 04:47PM EST
6 posts from 5 users

After seeing it, I can say that it's a little better than last year's, but in the end I didn't really care for it. The memes were obnoxious, of course, but I found it slightly amusing that they acknolwedged all the dead ones as dead even though more than half of the "relevant" memes they showcased have been dead for months. The bit where they acknowledged all of the disasters that have happened this year was thoughtful, but it kinda came out of nowhere and gave mixed messages.

Last edited Dec 06, 2017 at 05:02PM EST

Looks like it's time once again to celebrate the shittiest company whose service I use every day. Jubilation.

Like last year, I recognized very few participants (specifically: Colbert, Poppy, Markiplier, Simon's Cat, and Jaiden Animations), though I think that's a slight increase from last year. To me, this whole video came across as seven minutes of self-celebration using an obnoxiously large parade of photogenic young people. In particular, the animation-heavy credits sequence only reminded me of how terribly animators have it on YouTube. Also, nobody cares about fidget spinners anymore. One appearance was enough.

Wow, for someone who watches YouTube so much, I sure am hostile towards it. This must be what tumblr users feel like.

I wouldn't be so hard on the YouTube Reweind series if its creators made even the tiniest attempt to represent the way I use the platform. Just one appearance by Vinesauce, Super Best Friends, Red Letter Media, Dunkey, I Hate Everything, Death Battle, Cinemassacre, Northernlion, Chuggaaconroy, Game Grumps, or even Yogscast would shut me up. Enough with all the pretty boys and girls. Let's see some awkward looking thirty-somethings who too many video games.

Last edited Dec 06, 2017 at 06:10PM EST

Youtube rewind 2017 in a nutshell:

(I don't have anything else to say, really. If the last one was bad, why do you think this one will be better?)

Last edited Dec 07, 2017 at 12:28AM EST

Was it 7 minutes of cringe? Yes.
Didn't I not recognize half the people featured? Yes.
Did it accurately reflect YT's 2017 trends? Unfortunately yes. Despacito clearly dominated all year long, fidget spinner videos were a huge trend, and music in general has always been a top view count for YT (like 80-90% of the top viewed videos are songs).

I don't really get what that colored slime/flubber stuff was about though. Did I miss something? It was in like half the video, so it must be big.

I did find out who Poppy was thanks to this video at least. I probably could have gone the rest of my life not finding her channel, but here we are and honestly I have no idea what I am watching right now. *shudders*

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!