Forums / Media / Websites

2,569 total conversations in 244 threads

+ New Thread

YouTubers to Recommend Subscribing: Background Informative Playback

Last posted Feb 16, 2019 at 09:50PM EST. Added Dec 13, 2018 at 09:26AM EST
30 posts from 14 users

YouTube displays a sheer failure of which channels they need you to know and subscribe to through the most-disliked (amount) 2018 installment of Rewind, their own United Passions. Probably due to the unclear target audience of advertisers. Before the video is uploaded, the so called guide-builder, a feature below your list of channels subscribed on the left flunk at the personalisation of what you watch. The target audience of YouTube in general is vague and unclear as it is trying to appeal to everyone, it ended up this video ended up appealed to no one. I declare that @TeamYouTube should win the 2018 Shit Account Tournament for being a brain-dead automator.

So what now? I've got a collection of YouTubers that I recommended you to subscribe to with the content worth time being to binge-watch. But we've got to take turns. So I'll recommended another every time any other user did it.

For my criteria, it's the content that not only broadcast themselves with their voices, but it can also run in the background while you do something productive. More importantly, that the individuals behind them should be the competent and well-behaved with no intent from drama-inciting to harming others.

For the goodwill part of contributing this, if possible imagine how he/she teamed up with Internet Historian for In The Field or Pan-Pizza for his Pizza Party Podcast. Even better, would Don consider setting up a series of interviews between the user-base and a personality a la IAmA?

The first one is that you didn't need to subscribe but it's optional. It's a series out of a playlist. The brainchild of Wendover. This is That Wikipedia List. ↓

Before you watch this, guess if 69 and 420 counts as illegal.

I await your replies.

Last edited Dec 13, 2018 at 09:36AM EST

I'm not into what channels PewDiePie offer (He already pulled E;R out. Suck on it, Vox Media). Let's move on.

Geno Samuel, he made a documentary series about Chris-Chan which makes it less unsettling than KYM's turn on documenting on CWC. But the series is on the break in favor of making music and a feature-length documentary

Bedhead Bernie. Creator of the Animation Warehouse series which is basically a lovechild of RebelTaxi and Whang!. His latest video documents the struggling development of Del Toro's Pinocchio, a month before Netflix rescued it (Let's hope they didn't make him Hispanic just to spread the message). His first video is a fanvid for Pan-Pizza.

If you want really high-quality metalwork videos, I recommend Clickspring
He may upload irregularly but the wait is worth it as the production value is stellar and his machining skills are precise. His Patreon-only series are also absolutely fantastic and a dollar gets you full access to the hidden videos. I'm only mentioning his Patreon because frankly he deserves any and all contributions he gets as he does deliver fantastic videos.

His current public project is the Antikythera Mechanism:

His current Patreon-only project is the Byzantine Sundial. As an appetiser, I'll be posting the first part:

How could we forget the best thing that happened to YouTube un-ironically this year? It's a contemporary installment (if it's not a reboot) to the Karate Kid.

Out of the reboots and any approach to an eighties installment. This is one of the best.

Tipsy Duck, he's an SFM animator, but he has a much more dark and surreal sense of humor compared to anyone else in SFM, animation, or really on YouTube in general who has quite the absurdist tone his uploads, the guy has a couple viral hits ("A Funny" and "How To Ride A Bike" mainly) but his stuff in general deserves so much more love.

Superhero movies are overrated to make a video out of. But not for CutShort, which he documents the cancelled developments of movies. His recent video tells the fate of Space Jam 2. Will Lola make a return?

Could you put Super Mario 64 to the text of exploiting the physics to get a star as early as possible? Please welcome, pannenkoek2012. Ironic that the last video is a memetic 0.5x A press documentary where he had a fued with TJ "Henry" Yoshi.

Try narrating with that Narrator from SpongeBob SquarePants.

Dex the Swede, a YouTuber who does game reviews does game reviews in a similar to style to people like Cadiccarus and PBG, and IMO, very underrated.

He often starts his videos off with this skits that look like IRL Gmod videos, as well as adding Ed, Edd, and Eddy-like sound effects all over the place, they're pretty great.

This is one of my personal favorites:

Here's a taste of what he does

Billiam covers the products that made a generation out of the latest late 90s and the early-to-mid 2000's. Below is his comical eulogy towards Club Penguin.

Back after some scum posted repetitive images of female pr0n with an obscene screen name. Anyway, Here comes movie essayist named Breadsword.

Below is a video that WB copyright claimed the crapped out this positive review. As if the ContentID can be taken full advantage of any European content creators. The latest video's status shows the determination of him fighting for the fair use that Disney chose to ignore, it's the Black Cauldron.

Now for a real vlogger and not like Casey Neistat. This is the Carpetbagger, exploring the ruins within the U.S.A. Another channel that you could subscribe but not necessary in favor of one playlist i.e. Abandoned Places.

Last edited Dec 19, 2018 at 10:53PM EST

OddHeader. Countdown lists that emphasizes digging deep within the inner workings of video games. Red circle only appears in one thumbnail and nothing more.

Whang! Pay attention! Emerging channel of the year. Like Internet Historian but emphasizes quantity without sacrifice quality at least.

24 Frames Of Nick. One of the remaining High School Musical fans. Covers media that made the millennium-turned generation, mostly the ones that less often to discuss.

Scott the Woz is similar to Jontron, except he uploads fairly regularly. While most gaming youtubers just make a video about one game, Scott's videos often take a look at topics within gaming, like controllers and milking

He also does non-gaming stuff, on occasion.

Folding Ideas (I think Dan Olson is less competent if you know what I meant saying).
Sketch comic with a bit bigger production value than ProZD or Gus Johnson, meet Chris Fleming.

HBomberGuy which had a beef with Paul Joseph Watson over the effects of Soy consumption months ago.

Last edited Dec 26, 2018 at 05:48AM EST

Ryan Hollinger. Think Cinemassacre meets Wisecrack, Every Frame a Painting and/or Now You See It.

Next is a content creator out of an LGBT individual.

Raycevick specializes in nearly one-hour documentaries that smoothly delve into the past, present and future of specific games or complete series; like a skillful surgeon, going through every bit of an aspect of a theme in question. His other works involve tropes and topics that are carefully and meticulously analyzed to provide food-for-thought.

Last edited Dec 29, 2018 at 11:16AM EST

AlienMyth64. He specializes in comedic YouTube videos that feels one part scripted and another part improv, and on occasion does amateur animations. He always appears in this live action videos either wearing a mask or shown from the neck down as he doesn't really want to show his face yet. His most well known set of videos are his "Cat" animations about two talking cats, a father and son, where the dad is constantly waxing nostalgic over things like iPods and Blockbuster while the son is annoyed, but my personal favorite series from him are the videos where he plays a foul mouthed alien who goes around doing random shit.

Down the Rabbit Hole with Fredrik Knudsen. Tales of the deranged with the host whose face resembled Fred.

Another good vlogger, AdamtheWoo (Think James meets Casey). Be sure to watch Forrest Gump for the 25th anniversary. The only movie he can't cover for the locations is Harold & Maude

Hey-hey, c'mon over, have some chilled cartoon discussion with Rebel Taxi with Pan Pizza.

Defunctland with Kevin Perjurer. He should attend the Cartoon Network Hotel Opening Ceremony as his first vlog.

SsethTzeentach offers satirical game "reviews" of mostly old PC games. He looks at cult classics, obscure freeware, or games from his childhood and takes the piss out of them. His humor can come off as pretty edgy at times, but overall his videos are pretty funny.

Mandalore Gaming is similar to Sseth in that they review games of the same ilk but in an almost polar opposite style. Unlike Sseth's satirical reviews, Mandalore takes a more in-depth approach to review games. If you're looking for something different to play, I recommend checking out his channel.

Joseph Anderson's videos can be long-winded at times, but much like Mandalore Gaming, he provides an (almost too) in-depth review of games he covers, which are mostly more recent releases. If you have some time to kill or want something to play in the background so you don't feel lonely (like I do), check out some of his videos. Gonna link some of his more shorter videos to ease you in. He also mentions Dark Souls alot.

Last edited Jan 05, 2019 at 06:32PM EST

Another vlogger and his name is Dan Bell. Host of Dead Mall series and Dirty Room.

RalphtheMovieMaker. Movie reviews somewhere inbetween IHE and YourMovieSucksDOTorg.

BrutalMoose: Food and nostalgic media reviewer.

Lindsay Ellis: Formerly known as the Nostalgia Chick three years before the Channel Awesome Debacle. Therefore she got her pathway of content creation retooled as pop culture media analyst.

The Take by Screenprism: Wisecrack but it's narrated by a WatchMojo (♀️) Narrator

Game Maker's Toolkit: Where Extra Credits is pretentious, Mark Brown, the host and his content is the opposite i.e. prestigious. Below is the agenda of his next videos for this year.

Last edited Jan 21, 2019 at 09:13AM EST

I really suggest you guys check out LeatherIceCream. The guy's been a great laugh for me, and not just that, his animations are pretty decent, and he's actually pretty good at the games he makes to (yes he's made games before)

Bilbo Swaggins wrote:

Tipsy Duck, he's an SFM animator, but he has a much more dark and surreal sense of humor compared to anyone else in SFM, animation, or really on YouTube in general who has quite the absurdist tone his uploads, the guy has a couple viral hits ("A Funny" and "How To Ride A Bike" mainly) but his stuff in general deserves so much more love.

didn't he, like, do drugs or something? yeah he had an entire video about it and everything

Civvie 11. A game reviewer that focuses mostly on shooters, both good and bad. On rare occasions he does retrospectives on classics and explains where secrets are and how to clear rooms on higher difficulty. I recommend his "Pro-" series where he goes knee deep on two of popular Build Engine games, Shadow Warrior, and Blood.

Chyrosran22 makes in-depth reviews of keyboards and key switches. He's done videos on extremely obscure switches, like Oki Tactile Gourd Spring switches, as well as detailed reviews of more modern switches, like the recent AcePadTech hall effect switches.

GameHut is a channel run by a programmer who worked on many old games. He explains the underlying mechanisms behind many of these games. Really interesting stuff.

Last edited Feb 16, 2019 at 07:26AM EST

CB6 seeks to answer a very specific question: What if every Smash Bros. character had a unique victory theme? For months, he has been answering that question by making themes for each and every character, usually by taking samples from game soundtracks and remixes, then retrofitting them into the Smash victory format. Maybe it sounds like a silly pastime, but it is cleanly executed and relevant to my interests. I've always enjoyed the series' victory themes and liked to imagine what would play when different characters won. Some of CB6's renditions, like Bowser and Simon, are shockingly similar to my own imaginings. He has also improved on pre-existing themes like Mega Man and Inkling. What this all leads to is the video below, in which every (pre-DLC) Smash Ultimate character does a victory pose while aunique theme plays. It is one of the most perfect YouTube videos I have ever seen, like it was made specifically with me in mind. When I first watched it, I wondered if it was made by me and I just forgot. Despite Ultimate's quality, it is lagging in the victory theme department.CB6 solved this problem by making a great game even better. His work should be modded in immediately. Also, check out the rest of his channel for oddball Smash pick themes, like Susie from Kirby: Planet Robobot and Big the Cat.

Noah Caldwell-Gervais, like untold others, makes gaming video essays. What sets him apart is his elegant writing and delivery, meticulous research, and exclusive dedication to PC games. He treats the games he covers with seriousness, probing every aspect with the mindset of an art historian expressing the significance of a classic work. Below is his hourlong retrospective on the Wolfenstein series, which teaches the viewer everything worth knowing about the history, narrative, and design philosophy of each game from the original to The New Order. After watching one of Caldwell-Gervais' videos, I have a much greater appreciation for the game being discussed and find a whole new level of enjoyment from playing it. Other noteworthy videos are his looks at the System Shock/Bioshock games and the only positive review of Fallout 76 I have ever seen (though it comes with obvious caveats). Also, he occasionally releases travelogues, because he has spent the last few years driving across the American southwest with his wife and dog in an old van. With all the video essayists online, it can be difficult to distinguish one from another, but Noah Caldwell-Gervais is particularly gifted and deserves to be counted among the best.

Last edited Feb 16, 2019 at 10:09PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!