Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,696 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

The Memechart

Last posted Dec 14, 2010 at 04:43PM EST. Added Nov 20, 2010 at 12:37AM EST
28 posts from 14 users

I need memetic hubs. Like 4chan, Youtube, and Viral media. Here's a super-rough Powerpointed version.

The toughest part here is going to be arranging the hubs to accommodate everything. Perhaps Venn diagrams aren't the way to go…

Have you thought about making this with http://prezi.com/ ? Might be a little hard to make it exactingly laid out, but would definitely be pretty neato to zoom around in.

However it's done, +1 this idea.

Last edited Nov 26, 2010 at 01:37AM EST

What I'd really like to do this on is some kind of online flowchart thing. Like a multi-branching bubble chart. Like K'nex, but label-able. If anyone knows a site like that, that would be great.

Brilliant work so far, well done!

EDIT: maybe you could do without those first two bubble, and just have the hubs (youtube, 4chan etc.) spreading out from the centre.

Last edited Dec 01, 2010 at 11:19AM EST

The problem with this sort of project is the complicated fact that so many memes come from a combination of sources. For instance, you've got "Slowpoke" under 4chan. That's where it was made into an Internet meme, but then it also is a character from a video game/cartoon show. I doubt that there's any simple two-dimensional graph that can show those sorts of relationships when there are so many of them in so many different permutations.

People have been sending me requests on Pearltrees asking to team up on the MemeChart.

The problem is, I don't know who they are. If you've sent a team-up request, or want to, pm me so I know who you are. I'm not going to let just anyone edit this thing.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!