Forums / Discussion / General

233,335 total conversations in 7,803 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Now I'm good! I have a hat to prove it! - Team Fortress 2 thread

Last posted Feb 23, 2014 at 03:56PM EST. Added Feb 12, 2014 at 07:24PM EST
23 posts from 9 users

A new, pristine TF2 thread is here.

Now is it just me or does everyone on TF2 have the Hitman's Heatmaker in their Sniper Loadout, too common..

Strongboxes have come and I haven't gotten the chance to open one.

Mod Edit: Please return to the Older Thread which is now featured.

Last edited Feb 23, 2014 at 10:36PM EST

The best hat I have so far is a Genuine Chief Constable (painted in Australium Gold) and I have a Genuine Stovepipe Sniper Shako (I love you, community market).

I am pretty mediocre and decent at TF2 in all classes overall. Sniper is my best class, but some days I can't hit anything.

Last edited Feb 12, 2014 at 07:44PM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Why was the old thread locked?

I have no idea; and I started the last one.

Anyways though, glad to see that we have a new TF2 thread up and running :)
So I could now sHOW OFF MY SAMURAI SOLDIER!

Also, I have a snow day tomorrow; so I'm most likely gonna be playing then :)

(P.S: I'VE GOT A "SCOUT SHAKO "AND A "MINNESOTA SLICK" THAT I'M LOOKING TO SELL!)

Last edited Feb 12, 2014 at 09:58PM EST

thegreato wrote:

I have no idea; and I started the last one.

Anyways though, glad to see that we have a new TF2 thread up and running :)
So I could now sHOW OFF MY SAMURAI SOLDIER!

Also, I have a snow day tomorrow; so I'm most likely gonna be playing then :)

(P.S: I'VE GOT A "SCOUT SHAKO "AND A "MINNESOTA SLICK" THAT I'M LOOKING TO SELL!)

As I am in the Northeastern region also, greato, I may also be getting a snow day tomorrow. If not, that means subs and about 45% less attendance. Now to showcase my soldier loadout (my most stacked loadout):

And my heavy loadout (as I would call it: The Stereotypical 70s Pimp)

Last edited Feb 12, 2014 at 10:09PM EST

Krusty Kreme wrote:

As I am in the Northeastern region also, greato, I may also be getting a snow day tomorrow. If not, that means subs and about 45% less attendance. Now to showcase my soldier loadout (my most stacked loadout):

And my heavy loadout (as I would call it: The Stereotypical 70s Pimp)

Say Ray, what's your most prized "strange" (or anything really)? Something that you won't trade no matter what.

Mine is my "Face-Melting Huo-Long Heater", Both my personal first choice minigun, and the strange that I'm trying to get to "HALE'S OWN" without taking the easy way out and going to a idle/achievement server. Just straight up normal kills till I get there.

thegreato wrote:

Say Ray, what's your most prized "strange" (or anything really)? Something that you won't trade no matter what.

Mine is my "Face-Melting Huo-Long Heater", Both my personal first choice minigun, and the strange that I'm trying to get to "HALE'S OWN" without taking the easy way out and going to a idle/achievement server. Just straight up normal kills till I get there.

I used to have a Truly-Feared kukri but now I have a Strange sniper rifle.

Krusty Kreme wrote:

I used to have a Truly-Feared kukri but now I have a Strange sniper rifle.

Hope you don't kind me asking, but how many hours do you have on TF2?

I have just a bit over 350hrs.

I wondered what my stats were so I dug up TF2 again. Haven't opened this game in ages

I consider myself a scoot player first and foremost. I love fast and maneuverable gameplay so Scout is naturally my favorite. However my appearance is nothing to brag about. I obviously don't invest in aesthetics very much. Nothing in the bottom two misc slots so don't ponder what's behind my shortstop description. But I love the shortstop, milk and sandman loadout though for it's pure versatility. Enough to collect a strange for each

Why just look at all those hours playing scoot! But I never managed to beat my demoman score. No love for pyros, spies or engies

Almost 200 hours total

Last edited Feb 13, 2014 at 09:14AM EST

So yesterday I scored 1st as Spy with the Saharan set (no hat, tho)
It was one of those days when I closed TF2 and said "Today is a good day".
Anyways, I have $5.00. Is it wise to spend it all on Tour of Duty tickets?

Well, I mostly play soldier, engy, and medic, so:

Favorite item would have to be Tux. I love my little debian buddy <3 Also, if anyone here is selling a strange pistol for a reasonable price, I'd be willing to trade.
Last edited Feb 13, 2014 at 11:57AM EST

Spy – Dishonored COMPLETE

Engi – Fallout

Medic – Portal

Heavy – Skyrim

Scout – Don't Starve

Sniper – Bioshock Infinite

Pyro & Soldier – XCOM COMPLETE

Of all of them, the Alien Pyro is the one I love the most <3
I already have most of the Genuines for the other classes.

Last edited Feb 13, 2014 at 02:10PM EST

One of my biggest regrets about TF2 is that my first random drop was the Towering Pillar of Hats. I had no control over that, obviously, but I don't wear it anymore for a reason.

Also that my laptop is no longer powerful enough to run TF2.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Connor

1 million hours = 114 years.

Unless you did in fact spend literally a century playing as two unnamed classes without scoring a single point

How the hell didn't I notice that before O__0

I swear I should pay attention more to those sort of things.

(To be fair I honestly thought he was bluffing, but not to that ludicrous of an extent)

Is it weird for me to imagine the TF2 team almost as one big happy family? Because that's my personal and preferred interpretation of them.

Last edited Feb 14, 2014 at 02:16PM EST

Anyone curious as to what the new update (it's been hinted at for months now) is gonna be?

Also, even though it's become a running gag that TF2 is a "hat simulator" if you could add any hat (or cosmetic) to the game that you wanted to (within reason), what would you add?

Off the top of my head my top pics would be:

Luffy's hat (for all classes):

Sogeking mask and cape (for sniper):

and Kamina shades (for all classes):

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!