Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Who would you say some of the popular KYM users would be? (Oldfag General)

Last posted Mar 26, 2014 at 06:50AM EDT. Added Mar 25, 2014 at 02:01AM EDT
27 posts from 19 users

We got Non-Official Data from those two pseudo popularity contest thingy of epic proportions that was so insane it never even concluded that second time.

But really, each person here has their own friends or heros they look up to on the site. Maybe this thread can be spared if they can explain why they look up to them or why they think other people look up to them.

Last edited Mar 25, 2014 at 03:46AM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

>Implying the age of an account matters.
>Implying the title "oldfag" holds any meaning.

>Implying the Randomman could be popular if he wouldn't be moderator.

Last edited Mar 25, 2014 at 08:30AM EDT

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

We got Non-Official Data from those two pseudo popularity contest thingy of epic proportions that was so insane it never even concluded that second time.

But really, each person here has their own friends or heros they look up to on the site. Maybe this thread can be spared if they can explain why they look up to them or why they think other people look up to them.

Yeah, way to unintentionally glorify yourself, Natsuru…

Penny wrote:

>Implying the Randomman could be popular if he wouldn't be moderator.

">Implying the user could be popular if he wouldn't be oldfag."

^Is basically what you're saying as well. So you're not going to care about users as long as they don't have an old enough account? Harsh man, harsh.

I'm not going to deny that the mod part is a perk (so points to you there), but I'm simply a person who values quality contributions. Becoming an "oldfag" is effortless, you only have to wait and it'll happen, there's nothing valuable to be proud of in it.

Mod: Amanda B.

She might not work for KYM anymore, but it's pretty much a given. She's nicer than most of the people you like in the real world, would interact with users the most of any of the staff, and I don't know anyone who has been rubbed the wrong way by her.

Non-Mod: Natsuru Springfield
Community artist, nice to be the vast majority of people, and has been around for a while. Another given.

I'd like to think I'm pretty cool

Of course, I also used to think camouflage cargo shorts were cool when I was in high school, so I think it's safe to assume my instincts aren't on the dot.

ProjectENDO wrote:

I'd like to think I'm pretty cool

Of course, I also used to think camouflage cargo shorts were cool when I was in high school, so I think it's safe to assume my instincts aren't on the dot.

Camo cargo shorts r still kewl!!!!!!!!111

Just kidding. Camouflage cargo pants on the other hand are freakin' badass…

As for popular people, I think what everyone suggested here already is pretty valid. Not sure who I could really add to this.

I really agree that age on the site doesn't really mean anything. I am a perfect example of this. My account is nearly a year old, yet I barely used it until about the end of last year. You could make an account, post three times, and leave it for 4 years and be considered an "oldfag". There are plenty of rising stars with decently new accounts. Take a look at this guy right here. His account's only a month old yet he is already more popular than me (from what I can assume) and has only been getting better. Jesus' story is a magnificent one. (Not the Christian Jesus, the user I'm talking about!)

Who I would say is more popular? People with custom titles or moderator status are more remembered and more active (the tolerable kind of active). RandomMan is a strong contender of being a helpful, popular and loved. BSoD is also a large target for this category.

On another note, I really find the deactivated accounts like Fluff, Sweatie and Chris to be all the more remembered since they were active and nice users that understandably (for Fluff's case maybe not?) wanted to leave the community.

There are also the banned users like Nair who captivated many hearts that remember that spiteful and lovable soul.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!