PROTIP: Press 'i' to view the image gallery, 'v' to view the video gallery, or 'r' to view a random entry.
PTKFGS (“Punch The Keys For God’s Sake!”) is a YTMND series that began as a parody of YTMND website based on the idea of an alternate universe wherein the site founder Max Goldberg uses the line “Punch the keys for God’s sake” instead of “You’re the man now dog” for the original YTMND site.
In this alternate universe of PTKFGS.com, PTKFGS is a popular website similar to YTMND with a purple color theme. Popular PTKFGS sites are similar to their counterpart YTMND sites, but with noticable differences. For example, in the world of PTKFGS, there is no such thing as lol, internet. Instead, they have a fad called omg, internet.
On March 4, 2006, a site titled punch the keys, for god’s sake was submitted by user Aphex350, a YTMND version of the original Finding Forrester scene that inspired the Max Goldberg to create the original “You’re the man now dog” site.
The original scene on YouTube:
William Forrest: Punch the keys for god’s sake!
Jamal Wallace: (typing)
William Forrest: YES!
Jamal Wallace: (typing)
William Forrest: YEES!
William Forrest: You’re the man now, dog!
On March 8, 2006, the site safety not guaranteed changes internet history! was created by Humphro, which according to YTMND Wiki is often credited with boosting the fads popularity, and creating the idea of the alternate PTKFGS universe. In it, the Time Traveller goes back in time after watching the scene that inspired the creation of YTMND, and creates PTKFGS.com (See also: Safety not Guaranteed). The site now has over 111,000 views.
However, searching by date indicates that on March 5, 2006, an earlier spin-off appeared called WWW.PTKFGS.COM, made by user RuBBa-cHiKiN, showing what a potential PTKFGS website could have looked like.
When searching for “ptkfgs” on YTMND, checking the titles, descriptions, domains, image origins, sound origins, keywords, and site text Indexes- YTMND returns over 3,300 results.
With this search criteria, there are at least thirteen sites related to the fad with over 100,000 views, and at least 257 sites with over 10,000 views.
PTKFGS also inspired the creation of other Alternate YTMND Universes.
Notable YTMND sites
PTKFGS versions of YTMND Sites
These sites usually use the PTFGS watermark, a parody of the YTMND watermark.
- PTKFGS: R U SHUR (complete + faster image) (217,000+ views) (See O RLY?)
- PTKFGS Ashley Tisdale doesn’t change facial expressions (184,000+ views) (See Lindsay Lohan doesn’t change facial expressions.)
- PTKFGS: omg, internet (148,000+ views) (See lol, internet.)
- YTMND – PTKFGS: The Bauman E-mails: A Dramatic Reading (133,000+ views) (See The Bauman E-mails: A Dramatic Reading)
- Sean Connery > Lex Luthor (139,000+ views) (See Lex Luthor > Kaz Hirai)
- Nintendo 64 Kid Plays Mario Teaches Typing (N64 kid) (99,000+ views) (See Nintendo 64 Kid)
- YTMND – PTKFGS Lindsay Lohan Changes Facial Expressions a Lot (90,000+ views) (See Lindsay Lohan doesn’t change facial expressions.)
- Sean Connery caught the _____! (now with music, new sound, AND Trebek!) (NSFW) (89,000+ views) (See _____ stole my bike, Punch-Out remix.) (NSFW)
- Oprah Kills Tom Cruise (PTKFGS) (85,000+ views) (See Tom Cruise Kills Oprah)
- NEDM alternate universe (NEEM) (Refresh for sync?) (78,000+ views) (See NEDM: The Investigation)
- PTKFGS: Joker: chacarron, chacarron, aliluliron (69,000+ views) (See Batman: Ualuealuealeuale)
- PTKFGS: Kirk Uses Epic Hax! (69,000+ views) (See "Kobayashi Maru":kirkisunbeatable.ytmnd.com)
- OMG, secret Communist forest! (now with 20% more Communism in every bite!) + article (65,000+ views) (See OMG, Secret Nazi Forest!!)
- PTKFGS stapler (64,000+ views) (See I believe you have my stapler?)
- PTKFGS EMO Suicide??? updated (62,500+ views) (See Myspace Suicide (Original/Unedited))
- PTKFGS: emo song UPDATED (59,000+ views) (See The Emo Song)
- PTKFGS: Rasputin (Moskau) (54,000+ views) (See MOSKAU MOSKAU)
- lol, Jesus(update) (50,000+ views) (See lol, internet.)
- Mario teaches PTKFGS! (517,000+ views)
- YTMND alternate universe (PTKFGS) – update 3 (261,000+ views)
- The YTMND – PTKFGS Summit (221,000+ views)
- Muppet Sean Connery Teaches Typing (202,000+ views)
- YTMND > PTKFGS (122,000+ views)
- YTMND Spelling Bee ’06 (92,000+ views)
- Punch-Out!! the keys for God’s sake (now with UPPERCUT) (79,000+ views)
- Picard loves ytmnd… (67,000+ views)
- PTKFGS’ Plague: YTMND (52,000+ views)
- OMG Secret COMMUNIST Mario Game!! (51,000+ views) (This was actually created before the fad started, but the title and image were changed after PTKFGS took off)
Initially, it was overshadowed by the larger PTKFGS phenomenon, but received a resurgence of popularity in July of 2006.
The Real PTKFGS.com
The domain ptkfgs.com was registered on March 5, 2006 and would forward the user to a PTKFGS-related YTMND site, while the domain punchthekeysforgodssake.com was registered on March 6, 2006 and would forward the user to the YTMND site that started the PTKFGS fad.
Both websites, however, are currently defunct.
There are no videos currently available.