Forums / Fun! / Creative

11,725 total conversations in 468 threads

+ New Thread

I write a story guys

Last posted Aug 16, 2014 at 06:23PM EDT. Added Aug 16, 2014 at 06:05PM EDT
2 posts from 2 users

Title: Dehydration

This is a true story

When me and my family went to saudi arabia the following series of events happened. The reason why this happened is because i caught foreign pathogens my body hasn't dealt with before and because of that i contracted diarrhoea. That also means my body doesn't absorb water and nutrients and because saudi arabia is hot, i started getting dehydrated. I was also fasting (because i am a muslim).

I was sitting near the local mosque, and incredibly dizzy. I felt so sick just looking at other people and the ground i was on. The unbreathable atmosphere and extreme heat did not help and because i was so exhausted just sitting near the sun's hot rays, i sat down on a very warm wheelchair that did negligible help. Sweat was all
my face, as if someone splashed it with warm seawater.

Moments before, i was resting my head on a suitcase and i got so sick i puked on the clean floor. My mother is a doctor and she knew there was something wrong with me. Now i sat on the wheelchair, i became so sick at looking at stuff around me. Where i was sitting, there was some left over food next to me which i estimated to be eaten yesterday. Flies are buzzing all over it and it was a very disgusting pile.
It reminded me of what i had for dinner yesterday suggesting that it worsened my illness.

We needed to book a taxi to take me and my family to Medina.

All i had to do was walk and carry the bags.

But because of poor blood flow just walking in the hot sun became incredibly exhausting. Every step i took it felt like i sprinted 10 steps and carrying the bags behind me, it felt like suffering. It was tiring, i had to take a break. I laid the suitcase on the floor and sat on it. My mother told me i had dehydration because i was so tired of just walking. I got up after a few seconds of rest and prayed to the lord i have strength.

Afterwards i saw a shade in the distance and felt a glimmer of hope after the gruelling walk i put the stool on the floor and sat on it (yes we did carry a stool around). Even then the heat got to me and i collapsed on the floor and sat behind a wall. At that time my mother and father called an ambulance but it never arrived. A few minutes later a woman in a niqab came up and started fanning me with a piece of paper, i could see the mercy in her eyes.

But she was unable to do anything.

I just sat there and all of a sudden i got pin and needles all over my arms. I knew it was because of the lack of water in my blood so i took the opportunity to drink water from a bottle they gave me. It was warm and i hated drinking it but i had to do it.

But then my parents announced that the taxi came. I felt incredibly happy, so i got up and walked to it, of course it was tiring to do that but it was worth it when i got in the car. The car had an amazing air conditioner as if i was sitting in a fridge. It was enough for me to sleep inside because finally.

I was at peace.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!