Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,722 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Dat Wii U

Last posted Sep 22, 2012 at 04:49PM EDT. Added Sep 13, 2012 at 11:29AM EDT
42 posts from 20 users

The white ones are 8 gigs, they're the standard bundle. The black ones are the deluxe package, 32 gigs I think, and will come with Nintendo Land. Apparently some kind of bonus content will be only available to the deluxe Wii U's, like how early 3DS buyers got Ambassador status.

According to Reggie Readybody, it'll be out 11-18-12, November 18th. And I think he said the tablet screen will be both 3D and a touch screen, though I may have misunderstood him on that one.

Quantum Meme wrote:

According to IGN, it comes out in America before it does in Japan.

wat.

But anyway, I'm sure this console will be epic, as long as it plays a new SSBB game on it.

FUCK YEAH!!

Personally, I think Nintendo Land is stupid, and a game I probably wouldn't buy it if I wasn't buying the black wii u. You know a Nintendo game will be bad, when an official Nintendo magazine doesn't think it looks good. Despite being scared easily, I really wan't to buy Zombi U, from what I've seen of it, it's amazing.

Twenty-One wrote:

Personally, I think Nintendo Land is stupid, and a game I probably wouldn't buy it if I wasn't buying the black wii u. You know a Nintendo game will be bad, when an official Nintendo magazine doesn't think it looks good. Despite being scared easily, I really wan't to buy Zombi U, from what I've seen of it, it's amazing.

Oh? I'm of the opposite opinion. I think Nintendo Land has a whole bunch of potential. The premise could have led to something glorious or something retarded, but from what I've seen it's leaning towards glorious. If anyone can pull off a virtual video game themed Disney Land, it's Nintendo. A magazine can't give an accurate score of something so multiplayer-oriented before actual people are out there making up the gaming community.

Personally, I don't see the reason for not releaseing Nintendo Land with the normal Wii U.

And I still want to see Pac-Man Vs on the Wii U, Come on is like the 2nd screen was specially made for Pac-Man Vs so do it Namco!

Last edited Sep 13, 2012 at 01:39PM EDT

Jack Candle wrote:

Oh? I'm of the opposite opinion. I think Nintendo Land has a whole bunch of potential. The premise could have led to something glorious or something retarded, but from what I've seen it's leaning towards glorious. If anyone can pull off a virtual video game themed Disney Land, it's Nintendo. A magazine can't give an accurate score of something so multiplayer-oriented before actual people are out there making up the gaming community.

They haven't rated it yet, it was a preview, and they probably don't know everything yet, but the point was that a companies official magazine (who you'd expect to be bias on something like this) are saying it doesn't look very good. While I agree it has potential, it stinks to much of Nintendo themed party game, a genre the Wii especially has no shortage, I personally see a lot more potential in Zombi U, as it looks like it could be a revamp of zombie games and then some.

NottaWotta wrote:

Personally, I don't see the reason for not releaseing Nintendo Land with the normal Wii U.

And I still want to see Pac-Man Vs on the Wii U, Come on is like the 2nd screen was specially made for Pac-Man Vs so do it Namco!

Oh! I thought exactly the same thing!

I watched the footage of the stream on my livestream today. The overall opinion of the system kept swinging back and forth constantly, but in the end here was our thoughts:

"REGGIIIE!!!"
"Oh my god how many more Wii U puns can they make!?!"
"GAMES!!"
"Oh god Tv!?! What are we liveing in, the 90's?"
"Why does Reggie look sad in this part?" "Because he isn't in the spotlight."
skips the sports because of mutual agreement that it sucked
"BAYONETAAAA!! TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY!!"
"Oh… somwhat meh games."
"OH MY GOD TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY!"
"This system sucks."
"OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST SYSTEM EVER!"

And we made Wii U puns for the rest of the day.

Personally, I want it, but I don't have the money.

Jack Candle wrote:

So, anyone else preorder theirs yet?

yep, me and my brother jumped right on that once we heard the U.S was getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Last edited Sep 18, 2012 at 06:49PM EDT

This game is what I'm looking forward to:

Sadly/not sadly, it seems they are making quite a few games for both 3DS and Wii U. 3DS (Now in XL with more 3D!) is considerably cheaper than Wii U.

Last edited Sep 18, 2012 at 08:01PM EDT

Has anyone seen whether a new F-Zero is planned for Wii U?

If there is, I might buy one. If they have no plans, Nintendo can kiss my ass.

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

>
I am literally speechless.
"Man I'm going to buy a thing for hundreds of dollars so I can play a futuristic racing game but if they don't have that game fuck that thing for hundreds of dollars"
Sir
Please think now and again.

In the Deluxe Package Bundle Game "Nintendoland", there is an F-Zero sub-game. If that game gets enough attention, Nintendo will likely move up to a sequel.

Now read Luis's post again. Just cause.

Last edited Sep 18, 2012 at 09:36PM EDT

in the hoppip over the sea wrote:

>
I am literally speechless.
"Man I'm going to buy a thing for hundreds of dollars so I can play a futuristic racing game but if they don't have that game fuck that thing for hundreds of dollars"
Sir
Please think now and again.

Beyond SSB (which turned to shit with Brawl), F-Zero is the only Nintendo series I see as worthwhile.

EDIT: @ Natsuru: "Subgame"? Really? That's it?

(sigh) Might as well just get one to put my weight behind the idea of a new F-Zero…

Last edited Sep 18, 2012 at 09:38PM EDT

Beyond SSB (which turned to shit with Brawl), F-Zero is the only Nintendo series I see as worthwhile.

EDIT: @ Natsuru: "Subgame"? Really? That's it?

(sigh) Might as well just get one to put my weight behind the idea of a new F-Zero…

(which turned to shit with Brawl)

ಠ_ಠ

Brawl was by far the best game in the series. Take off your nostalgia goggles.

You can bet your left nut that I'll be playing as Captain Falcon in the new SSB, no matter how badly they might nerf him. On a related note, I always hoped they would make an F-Zero game for the Wii shortly after Mario Kart Wii, when everyone would already have their steering wheels. Why they didn't is beyond me.

Philip J. Fry wrote:

ಠ_ಠ

I agree! Not a flawless victory thought. Some routines were better in Melee.
This let space for an improvement, but Sakurai said the next game will different and be not "more of the same".
Not sure if I'm worried or hopeful :|

I have a prediction about the next smash brothers. I am not certain if I am happy with this prediction, but my mental list of evidence kinda points to it.

I think Smash Bros will be adopting an official comboing system of some kind. Most of the core game-play will remain the same, but characters will be able to resist a lot more than they use to and Combo's will be essential to racking up enough damage to smash somebody off the platform.

I am just kinda predicting this due to the fact that Sakurai has so many other fight game developers at the helm.

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

I watched the footage of the stream on my livestream today. The overall opinion of the system kept swinging back and forth constantly, but in the end here was our thoughts:

"REGGIIIE!!!"
"Oh my god how many more Wii U puns can they make!?!"
"GAMES!!"
"Oh god Tv!?! What are we liveing in, the 90's?"
"Why does Reggie look sad in this part?" "Because he isn't in the spotlight."
skips the sports because of mutual agreement that it sucked
"BAYONETAAAA!! TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY!!"
"Oh… somwhat meh games."
"OH MY GOD TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY!"
"This system sucks."
"OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST SYSTEM EVER!"

And we made Wii U puns for the rest of the day.

Personally, I want it, but I don't have the money.

Oh Bayoneta, how you have been single handedly making people hate the Wii U. sigh hopefully people can get past the Wii with this. As someone who has been a huge Nintendo fan, all the hate has certainly been… trying (especially in England where openly saying you like Nintendo assures you won't get through any school with your sanity intact)
Anyway, as much as I want to leave the Wii behind, I'll miss the cheaper games.

Philip J. Fry wrote:

ಠ_ಠ

Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man. This is coming from a guy who never got his hands on a copy of Melee when he was young, played Brawl first, (Still crazy good, though.) then fell in love with Melee. No nostalgia here.

Philip J. Fry wrote:

ಠ_ಠ

Lemme lay it out to you.

Brawl is a slower, more simplistic game, mechanics-wise. Melee is more fluid, faster, more complex game, mechanics-wise.

On top of that, there was a lot of content for Brawl that was basically just disc filler. Melee, therefore, is the superior game.

Lemme lay it out to you.

Brawl is a slower, more simplistic game, mechanics-wise. Melee is more fluid, faster, more complex game, mechanics-wise.

On top of that, there was a lot of content for Brawl that was basically just disc filler. Melee, therefore, is the superior game.

I know where is this going…

There should to be more Wii U exclusives, Most of the announced games are either going to be released on other platforms or already are, Nintendo is the only with games making good use of the GamePad.
and I still want Pac Man vs on the wii u

And for mods sake please don't derail to the thread just because someone has dosen't have the same opinion about Brawl.

Last edited Sep 19, 2012 at 10:20PM EDT

I'm going to quickly give my opinion on the Smash Bros. games. Now don't get mad at me for derailing, I'll talk about the Wii U too. Calm yo tits.

I like all of them. Yes, they're all good, IMO. Unlike some fighting games, the thing with Smash Bros. is that every game is tweaked in a way that makes it a different experience. The original N64 version, which I've gotten a lot of experience with recently, is slower than the rest – even Brawl, whatever Nair says. You need to plan ahead of time in this one, know how you're going to attack; otherwise, you get killed by the guy who is planning his slow moves ahead. Melee took the basic premise of the original and put it on crack – it's a frantic, fast-paced game where tides can turn in a fraction of a second and you need to adapt constantly. I love it, I grew up with it, but that doesn't mean I like it more than the others. Finally, Nair's right. Brawl is bit slower than Melee. but I don't necessarily dislike that. It's really a balance between the other two – you need to plan your attack ahead of time, but you need to be able to adapt it at a moment's notice anyways. Besides, Nair's opinion reminds me of a no-itemer – Brawl was seriously designed around the items IMO. They change the battle so much, and for the better. Except for Final Smashes. Those things are seriously unbalanced.

Anyways, I probably won't be getting a Wii U. I've been hardcore Nintendo since I got my first Gamecube, but Nintendo's going to have to step up their game if they want me to get another system that may or may not have more than a couple of good games. Of course, once they release a new Zelda or Smash Bros., or a good 3rd party port I'd play I can't get on the ol' XBox, I'll probably get one, but honestly, at this point I'm not terribly impressed with the software offerings we're getting for it.

Fact is, Microsoft and Sony are not planning on releasing their new systems for at least another 2-3 years. By the time the 720 and 4 come rolling around Wii U will of had a 2 year head start on them at the very least. On top of that, I am imagining Nintendo is going to be a bitch and release Super Smash Brothers 4 or another giant title within launch window of those two systems, making the Wii U seem more appealing.

Reggie you clever bastard.

Fact is, Microsoft and Sony are not planning on releasing their new systems for at least another 2-3 years. By the time the 720 and 4 come rolling around Wii U will of had a 2 year head start on them at the very least. On top of that, I am imagining Nintendo is going to be a bitch and release Super Smash Brothers 4 or another giant title within launch window of those two systems, making the Wii U seem more appealing.

Twilitlord wrote:

I'm going to quickly give my opinion on the Smash Bros. games. Now don't get mad at me for derailing, I'll talk about the Wii U too. Calm yo tits.

I like all of them. Yes, they're all good, IMO. Unlike some fighting games, the thing with Smash Bros. is that every game is tweaked in a way that makes it a different experience. The original N64 version, which I've gotten a lot of experience with recently, is slower than the rest – even Brawl, whatever Nair says. You need to plan ahead of time in this one, know how you're going to attack; otherwise, you get killed by the guy who is planning his slow moves ahead. Melee took the basic premise of the original and put it on crack – it's a frantic, fast-paced game where tides can turn in a fraction of a second and you need to adapt constantly. I love it, I grew up with it, but that doesn't mean I like it more than the others. Finally, Nair's right. Brawl is bit slower than Melee. but I don't necessarily dislike that. It's really a balance between the other two – you need to plan your attack ahead of time, but you need to be able to adapt it at a moment's notice anyways. Besides, Nair's opinion reminds me of a no-itemer – Brawl was seriously designed around the items IMO. They change the battle so much, and for the better. Except for Final Smashes. Those things are seriously unbalanced.

Anyways, I probably won't be getting a Wii U. I've been hardcore Nintendo since I got my first Gamecube, but Nintendo's going to have to step up their game if they want me to get another system that may or may not have more than a couple of good games. Of course, once they release a new Zelda or Smash Bros., or a good 3rd party port I'd play I can't get on the ol' XBox, I'll probably get one, but honestly, at this point I'm not terribly impressed with the software offerings we're getting for it.

How about we start a thread about Super smash Bros. to leave this thread clean of it?

But that would mean we'd have to wait another 3 years to get SSB4! Oh well.
Also, I wonder if they'll do any 3DS/Wii U compatibility, perhaps allowing more than 1 player to use the game pad functions. Also for Pokemon:Stadium/Colosseum/XD/Battle Revolution Wii U.

Last edited Sep 20, 2012 at 06:09PM EDT

Twilitlord wrote:

>Hardcore Nintendo
>Since Gamecube

Let me regale you with tales of Contra and Super Mario Brothers from the days of my youth, when I owned a Famicom

I'm just gonna copy paste what I wrote for another website because I'm lazy.

Before I give my opinion, I must give a fair disclaimer: I am a ginormous Nintendo fan, so I may have a bit of a bias in my words.

My opinion on the Wii U is generally positive, but I’m not blind enough to think that the tablet controller will be utilized to any real degree. Think back to the Wii’s motion control, the 3DS’ 3D, and DS dual screens. Very few titles ever utilized those gimmicks to any real degree, either. I just want some good old gaming but finally see Link, Mario, and Samus in HD.

The real hampering point for me is the price: $299 with no pack in game, $350 with extra stuff and Nintendo Land. This is a huge mistake not only because the price sort of undermines Nintendo’s tradition with being accessible in terms of cost (didn’t they learn from launching the 3DS at $250?), but also, Nintendo Land would make the best demonstration of the Wii U’s abilities.

What was the one title that really explained how motion controls works to the general public? Wii Sports. All across the Internet, I’m seeing lots of mistakes and conjecture about how the Wii U tablet works, with even dedicated gamers thinking they need to buy multiple expensive Wii U tablets for multiplayer and not realising that the old Wiimotes work on the Wii U. This is similar to how people were confused on how the Wiimote worked back in the day: when I was asked about the Wii by relatives, I didn’t say a word. I just popped in Wii Sports, started the bowling game, and threw a ball. Right then, it clicked. They understood everything about the controller.

From previews of Nintendo Land, I see it as being very similar to Wii Sports: a lot of minigames which showcase how the new and asynchronous multiplayer could work. This needs to be with the basic package to show how the Wii U can be different and unique. Putting it in the premium package is a huge waste.

Nintendo.com has the release dates of several Wii U games, and frankly, it’s looking very good! Twenty titles are listed for a release on November 18 with exclusives being Rayman Legends, New Super Mario Bros. U, Rabbids Land, Scribblenauts Unlimited (well, console exclusive anyway), and ZombiU, not to mention some great third-party titles like Epic Mickey 2, Black Ops II, Assassin’s Creed III, and Tekken Tag Tournament. If it had Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 on there, I would say it’s the best launch lineup in recent memory because face it, the 3DS, Vita, PS3,Xbox360 and Wii all had shitty launches.

How successful will it be? No one knows, Nintendo proved that hardcore gamers were not the drivers of sales in the last console generation, casual gamers are. How they respond is up in the air, and we might as well roll some dice to see how that turns out as the common consumer is a fickle beast.

Basically, I'm gonna buy it but I'll wait till next holiday season or when the first really big title comes out because ZombiU,Pikmin 3, Rayman, Scribblenauts look really tempting. I would have bought the system straight up if it was 250$ but at 300-350? I need one more title to tip the scales as well as information on if it's region locked.

I see your viewpoint but I'm going to buy it as soon as possible because someone HAS to do it, and i have money enough (you wont belive how much money you save by not smoking and not drinking alchol) for the task.
Call me stupid or masochist but if no one buy the Wii first, it's market wont blast off. So, as a Nintendo fan it's a call of duty.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!