Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Hololive General thread

Last posted Feb 26, 2021 at 08:36PM EST. Added Feb 22, 2021 at 10:56AM EST
12 posts from 6 users

https://twitter.com/hololive_En/status/1362016027345776640

Three days before Yagoo annouced a new project called "Hololive Alternative" but sadly we don't have any info on what this actually is but it gave us very beautifully animated PV

@wisehowl_the_2nd
It will probably take months untill we hear anything about the EN gen-2

But anyways i hope the second gen will also be full of personality i am also very interasted in what character gimmicks will they choose because right now they have kinda tried everything

I wonder if we'll see the avatars for EN Gen 2 before they debut, as it's kinda fun for me to imagine the voice and personality of a vtuber before their debut (for example I originally expected Botan to have a more "ara ara" type of voice and was surprised by her being more high pitched than I expected, but I'm not implying that's a bad thing in any way as I enjoy watching the cute FPS Lion). I also admit I am curious if people will end up figuring out the actors behind the avatars based on the voices alone like people did with a few select talents (Gura's non-Hololive identity is something of an open secret, especially since she doesn't really change her voice that much from her pre-Hololive work, and while she's not part of Hololive people found out the actor behind Hime Hajime pretty fast because of her voice).

Also for the heck of it if I had to pick only one favorite from each generation:

Gen 0: Miko
Gen 1: Fubuki (though HAACHAMA-CHAMA has a really interesting meta story that fits into my liking for horror)
Gen 2: Subaru
Gamers: Korone
Gen 3: Pekora
Gen 4: Coco
Gen 5: Polka

ID Gen 1: Moona
ID Gen 2: Ollie

EN Gen 1: Kiara

Holostars: Only because I'm not as familiar with Holostars in general it kinda goes to Roberu by default because he is the winning son after all.

Griff the Hoplite wrote:

the thread about simping all things hololive

>simping
>all things hololive
i see no difference
this is a joke please don't kill me

Last edited Feb 23, 2021 at 08:42PM EST

Here's some unexpected news: Disgaea 6 is going Hololive collab DLC featuring Fubuki, Rushia, Flare, Watame, and Polka.

At the moment the game is only out in Japan on Switch and PS4, but it's coming westward later this year as a Switch exclusive outside of Japan. My worry is this could be potentially region locked content due to licensing issues. best case scenario is the content stays for the Western release, but an alternate "bad news, but then some good news" scenario is the JP girls aren't present in the Western version but instead they include the EN girls (most obvious would be to make a prinny based on Kiara).

Last edited Feb 24, 2021 at 08:56PM EST

Mistress Fortune wrote:

Here's some unexpected news: Disgaea 6 is going Hololive collab DLC featuring Fubuki, Rushia, Flare, Watame, and Polka.

At the moment the game is only out in Japan on Switch and PS4, but it's coming westward later this year as a Switch exclusive outside of Japan. My worry is this could be potentially region locked content due to licensing issues. best case scenario is the content stays for the Western release, but an alternate "bad news, but then some good news" scenario is the JP girls aren't present in the Western version but instead they include the EN girls (most obvious would be to make a prinny based on Kiara).

>JP girls aren't present in the Western version but instead they include the EN girls
Do you feel the shitstorm coming? Because i do

Holy shit. So Disgaea PC had a collab with TF2. Let’s say hypothetically, this is considered canon. Hololive and TF2 exist in the same universe.

Last edited Feb 25, 2021 at 08:36PM EST

Mistress Fortune wrote:

Guaranteed day 1 purchase for me. Disgaea and Hololive blend in very seamlessly, so this is a pretty sick collab, certainly more interesting than those gacha game collabs they have.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!