Forums / Discussion / Q & A

3,264 total conversations in 493 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Why was Slime Cap unbanned and who did it?

Last posted Aug 20, 2014 at 03:50PM EDT. Added Aug 19, 2014 at 10:35PM EDT
21 posts from 13 users

I really think that this is something that we all want to know. I'm just downright baffled that this negative karma whore was brought back. He even went back to posting his annoying negative karma whoreing threads.

Honestly, I didn't think it warranted a ban and I don't think some of his threads deserved locks. Lots of the mods are still in the mentality before Riff-Raff existed. I didn't see him breaking any of the Riff-Raff rules. The joke suspensions weren't supposed to add up to a ban. I'm not saying I like or support him, just that he doesn't really deserve to be banned.

who moved this to riff raff? it's a pretty straight forward question. he was prematurely banned for being annoying (which is against the rules?) so he was unbanned. now suspended for threatening PMs i guess.

i did not unban him though.

e: the riff raff bans weren't part of the reason, mostly the pokemon stuff.

Last edited Aug 19, 2014 at 10:42PM EDT

Well, like other users have pointed out, he doesn't make any contributions, at all. His ban was probably not serious, and he's back since there's no real reason to keep him banned forever.

I don't really understand Slime, but if he wants negative karma, we can't exactly stop him.

there really is no such thing as a temporary ban, if we want to ban someone for a certain amount of time we just suspend them. if someone is banned the mod fully intends it to be final.

Oh yeah, it was me, sorry for not responding.

I didn't think that bans based on being annoying are fair.

I was hoping he would come back and contribute.

I didn't expect him to start threatening users, but after this suspension we'll have to see where he's at.

But I still believe that it's not fair to ban based on some user being irritating.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Ban deletions are anonymous. We won't know who did it until they come forward

They're sent to your email, just like any kind of user requested reactivation messages.

@Moon

I looked around the mod mail trying to find one that says "User was unbanned". None to be found. If the system sends such emails then they don't go to me

I only receive emails of when users are banned/suspended. NOT when bans/suspensions expire or when they are deleted

@BSOD

Check August 18th, approx. 5:25 am (your TZ): "User 'Slime Cap' has been reactivated."

Last edited Aug 20, 2014 at 04:00AM EDT

Chris wrote:

Oh yeah, it was me, sorry for not responding.

I didn't think that bans based on being annoying are fair.

I was hoping he would come back and contribute.

I didn't expect him to start threatening users, but after this suspension we'll have to see where he's at.

But I still believe that it's not fair to ban based on some user being irritating.

I don't think he was banned just for being annoying.

I mean, yeah, he was pretty freakin annoying, but that's not all he did… He threw countless tantrums, cursed out RandomMan, he's threatened me in PM TWICE now, (Or three times, I kind of lost count) not to mention that after he was banned he and "4chan" raided the KYM Usermon's request doc, deleting everything and putting things in like "pingas pinas douchebag."

Sonata Dusk wrote:

@BSOD

Check August 18th, approx. 5:25 am (your TZ): "User 'Slime Cap' has been reactivated."

that was only because he was deactivated as well. revoked bans are anonymous.

Captain Blubber wrote:

Ah, I see. Oh well, just a once-in-a-while thing I guess.

Captain Blubber wrote:

A ban bans the account and deactivates it. So in order to properly unban an account, it needs to have both the ban revoked and the account reactivated.

So you'll see who it was indirectly.

RandomMan wrote:

A ban bans the account and deactivates it. So in order to properly unban an account, it needs to have both the ban revoked and the account reactivated.

So you'll see who it was indirectly.

hmm. i did not know that. everyone is learning the science of banning today.

ProjectENDO wrote:

Who the mega heckers is Slime Cap

A nobody.

And given how the question of the thread has been answered, we can leave it with that as well.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!