Forums / Discussion / Q & A

3,264 total conversations in 493 threads

+ New Thread

Experimenting with facial hair, need ideas/considerations

Last posted Aug 04, 2017 at 03:33PM EDT. Added Aug 03, 2017 at 02:13PM EDT
4 posts from 3 users

Since getting glasses, I've started thinking that I'd look better with some facial hair, but I've always been clean shaven (aside from letting things grow for a day or two if I'm not going anywhere). I have no idea what would look good and what would make me look like a neckbearded hipster, so I'd like some general ideas. Sorry, I'm far too camera shy to provide pics, so I'll just put some general things that might be relevant.

I can't really grow a 'stache. Compared to the thickness of hair on my jawline, I wouldn't so much have a lip curtain as a puny, sad, scruff more reminiscent of a highschool freshman.

My hair's a dark brown. Not shaving for a few days is very noticeable. Stubble actually looks good IMO, but I don't know what's normally shaved clean and what's allowed to grow a few days.

I REALLY don't want to look like a beatnik or a liberal arts major. Jawline only gives me that vibe, but leaving the neckline seems lazy and slobbish. (I am, but I have enough self-respect to look better than that in public.)

I blend into a crowd very well. I prefer it that way, so I'm not going to go for viking double braids or something. For that matter, I'm not even considering anything bushy and Santa Claus-like. Let's take things slow, da?

Only manual razor available here. Trimming kits, electric razors, etc. are a luxury I cannot afford without any income.

I'm no beauty guru, but I think a clean shave always looks better with glasses but that's just me though.

Is there a celebrity that you closely resemble so we can get a better picture?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!