Forums / Discussion / Q & A

3,264 total conversations in 493 threads

+ New Thread

Posting images, gifs and videos in the comments

Last posted Dec 17, 2020 at 08:22AM EST. Added Dec 16, 2020 at 02:44PM EST
9 posts from 4 users

Everything you need to know can be learned in the thread linked by xoxin, but the TL;DR is:

For posting photos and gifs, all you need to do is put exclamation points (!) at both ends of the photo link (like this one, https://www.simbasible.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/1-6.gif) and you'll get something like this:

This works for both photos and gifs alike, but only if there is a link – it will not work for photo / gif files on a computer, you have to upload them first.

Also, if you do this with photos and gifs from KnowYourMeme, clicking on the photo will take you directly to the image page – try it!

As for videos (this only applies for browser YouTube video, dunno about videos from other platforms), all you have to do is go to the "share" option on the video page and click on the "embed" option. It will provide a link for embedding videos that you just need to post.

The end result is an embedded video like this:

Hope this helps!

Last edited Dec 16, 2020 at 05:07PM EST

But I need the one where the image doesn't have a link. For example, few galleries for entries are locked and I have the image I wanted to post there, but I can't.

Mr. Croat wrote:

But I need the one where the image doesn't have a link. For example, few galleries for entries are locked and I have the image I wanted to post there, but I can't.

If an image doesn't have a link, you can always upload it to imgur then link it from there.

And in your example, if a gallery is locked, you simply can't upload an image there. You'll have to wait for the gallery to reopen (if it ever does).

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!