Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Riff-Raff] Welcome To The 2015 KYM Modscars

Last posted Feb 04, 2015 at 09:51PM EST. Added Feb 02, 2015 at 07:41PM EST
57 posts from 23 users

After weeks – scratch that, months – of meme entries celebrating more or less the same hashtag and advice animals time and again, it might be hard to drum up any enthusiasm for the granddaddy of them all, the Modscars. But we gather here again tonight for these. And the evening is splendid as always, just look at the red carpet as our local traps are competing for the dress of the evening. A sight to behold each year again.

But do you also sense it? That is the sense of fatigue that is the same every year, and yet once that curtain races on the User Awards, it's hard not to get swept up in all the razzmatazz once more. This year, as has been the case for the past decade or so, there doesn't seem to be awful lot of room for surprises on the night. By this stage in the awards cycle, the Modscars are not so much a contest as a coronation, so the only potential for any kind of sparkle or fun comes from the host and, to a lesser extent, the acceptance speeches.

With that in mind, and in the vein of the ‘In Memorium' segment during each year's ceremony, let's take a moment to remember what we're actually here for. The Crème de la Crème of the evening, the moment you've all been waiting for. The price for most useless mod: The Golden Modturdnator Award!

Silence please, ladies and gentlemen.

And the winner, of the 2015 Golden Modturnator Award, is…

Muffinlicious!

Please take a moment of silence for the speech:

in this speech I wanted to reflect on how my creative capacity is so low I'm now resorting to copy/pasting erotica in my speeches, but I will save you from that today
instead I reflect on the better threads I have made:
but I cannot talk about the future without looking back at the past
don't we all remember when I liked ponies
when I was a brone
when I liked to post and have a good time clopping
but then I wanted to get serious, achieve something
so I made a list of achievements others got that I didn't
deleted it
then remade it
so guys come on, we are a serious community and is my job as a mod to keep the forums as serious as possible
if you ever doubt yourself, please take a look at all of the good threads I made giving me the right to complain about yours:
thank you
Last edited Feb 02, 2015 at 07:43PM EST

>still making jokes about muffin deleting and remaking his contribution stats

Congratulations, RandomMan! You've just achieved dead joke level EQUINE CADAVERSMASH ALPHA DELTA ZETA: HORSE ATOMIZER!

Snickerway wrote:

Congratulations, RandomMan! You've just achieved dead joke level EQUINE CADAVERSMASH ALPHA DELTA ZETA: HORSE ATOMIZER!

>acting surprised at riff raff KYM as a whole ruining a joke

Last edited Feb 02, 2015 at 07:59PM EST

Snickerway wrote:

Thank you Modscars for giving me this award!

Cecaelia Girlie wrote:

(Sees my avatar in one of the pictures)

I…. I don't even.

Congratulations, you are famous on a website about memes. You are one step closer to attaining the infinitely glorious position of meme modship.

I always knew Muffin would win this award. From the moment he became a mod I just thought to myself "Wow what a pathetic waste of potential on such an abysmal user what the fuck are you guys thinking", and now my greatest aspirations have been realized. Congrats Muffin, it must take some serious talent to be so pathetically worthless that you outrank the likes of Blubber with your utter uselessness.

So, what other awards are we going to see tonight? My excitement is peaked! By the way Girlie, you're stylin' in that dress.

Slutty Sam wrote:

I always knew Muffin would win this award. From the moment he became a mod I just thought to myself "Wow what a pathetic waste of potential on such an abysmal user what the fuck are you guys thinking", and now my greatest aspirations have been realized. Congrats Muffin, it must take some serious talent to be so pathetically worthless that you outrank the likes of Blubber with your utter uselessness.

So, what other awards are we going to see tonight? My excitement is peaked! By the way Girlie, you're stylin' in that dress.

Some possible awards:

Best avatar

Best user

Best old user

Best new user

Best couple (between member and fellow member, not member and waifu, sorry Orginal…)

Best topic maker

Worst topic maker (Riff-Raff topics only)

Best poster

The possibilities are endless…

Eh-heh, thanks Sam. 1///_///1

No Original Names Squigly's Husbando wrote:

I nominate me and Squigky for best celebrity couple:

we have far passed the point of irony

Last edited Feb 02, 2015 at 08:33PM EST

Cecaelia Girlie wrote:

Some possible awards:

Best avatar

Best user

Best old user

Best new user

Best couple (between member and fellow member, not member and waifu, sorry Orginal…)

Best topic maker

Worst topic maker (Riff-Raff topics only)

Best poster

The possibilities are endless…

Eh-heh, thanks Sam. 1///_///1

If I don't win in at least one of these I'm going to make muffin reach 1,000 posts before anybody's added on wii u.

EDIT: No, not the couples one

Last edited Feb 02, 2015 at 08:37PM EST

Yosuke Isn't Back wrote:

If I don't win in at least one of these I'm going to make muffin reach 1,000 posts before anybody's added on wii u.

EDIT: No, not the couples one

Best Couple: Latula X Cale

How do you feel about actually achieving something for once?
Is your mother glad her little girl actually won't end up alone and pathetic?

RandomMan wrote:

Best Couple: Latula X Cale

How do you feel about actually achieving something for once?
Is your mother glad her little girl actually won't end up alone and pathetic?

Well, your chances of being added are completely fucked

Last edited Feb 02, 2015 at 08:44PM EST

Yosuke Isn't Back wrote:

Well, your chances of being added are completely fucked

"IS THIS THE WORK OF AN ENEMY STAND!?"

No ladies and gentlemen, it's not. Let's move on with the award.

Because up next: Best Fucking Poser!

Best known for her musical references, grotesque style and preference of shitty webcomics and highly overdramatic character poses. This candidate has been since adapted into various attempts to get her to add us on Wii U.

Because I'm of course talking about: L4tul4!

And just look at how she handles that award!

RandomMan wrote:

Best known for her musical references, grotesque style and preference of shitty webcomics and highly overdramatic character poses. This candidate has been since adapted into various attempts to get her to add us on Wii U.

It doesn't even matter how many awards you give me at this point, your chances are still pretty fucking low

RandomMan wrote:

RandomMan wrote:

Good job you made a post worst than mine

Beatrice Santello wrote:

No matter how much of a slut she is, Particle Mare will never ever get an award. EVER. An award for Leonardo DiCaprio would have more possible chance of happening.

>he still makes particle slut jokes

Beatrice Santello wrote:

I would joke, but I would never make a joke about a fact.

i would make a joke but insulting gays is never okay

in this speech I wanted to reflect on how my creative capacity is so low I’m now resorting to copy/pasting erotica in my speeches, but I will save you from that today
don’t we all remember when I liked ponies
when I was a brone
so I made a list of achievements others got that I didn’t
deleted it
then remade it
so guys come on, we are a serious community and is my job as a mod to keep the forums as serious as possible
if you ever doubt yourself, please take a look at all of the good threads I made giving me the right to complain about yours:
thank you

I'd like to thank users Verbose and Harshwhinny for my wonderful sense of humor, Cecaelia Girlie for my deep understanding of riff-raff posts, and most of all, Captain Blubber for my great moderator contributions to this site. I will now spend 6 hours of my time bashing riff-raff posts and documenting jff threads from three years ago.
Thank you everyone for the awards, and have a wonderful day on KYM (credit to my existence).

Last edited Feb 02, 2015 at 09:40PM EST

Muffinlicious wrote:

in this speech I wanted to reflect on how my creative capacity is so low I’m now resorting to copy/pasting erotica in my speeches, but I will save you from that today
when I was a brone
deleted it
then remade it
thank you

I'd like to thank users Verbose and Harshwhinny for my wonderful sense of humor, Cecaelia Girlie for my deep understanding of riff-raff posts, and most of all, Captain Blubber for my great moderator contributions to this site. I will now spend 6 hours of my time bashing riff-raff posts and documenting jff threads from three years ago.
Thank you everyone for the awards, and have a wonderful day on KYM (credit to my existence).

Last edited Feb 02, 2015 at 09:51PM EST

Muffinlicious wrote:

when I was a brone
deleted it
then remade it
thank you

I helped you UNDERSTAND Rif(f)-Raf(f)? Da fuq?

Anyways, I'm bored so here's some random nominations.

Worst topic maker: Coolface or Yiffer

Best avatar (to tell the truth, I'm giving this award more to those who picked avatars that fit their personalities, instead of, y'know, good avatars in general. But there are exceptions.): Twisty, Sam, Muffinlicious, Latula,

Best topic maker: Sam

Most obsessed with their Waifu: Original

Most likely to actually be a neckbeard virgin IRL: Blubber

Minty wrote:

I came to this thread expecting original humor and I was disappointed.

>Pointing out the lack of original humor

Dang look at this son delivering oc.

Minty wrote:

I came to this thread expecting original humor and I was disappointed.

minty is not allowed to have an opinion on anybody else's post due to the fact that he has never made a good post ever

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I read your post expecting original humor and I was disappointed

We have gotten so deep into irony that joking about KYM driving jokes into the ground has, in itself, been driven into the ground.

This is probably the point where we should stop, but it is far, far too late to turn back.

@BitterBrit

I nominate Minty for the Getting throughly rekt the most times award.

Fuck that shit. That award's mine, hands down. I even have proof!

Snickerway wrote:

We have gotten so deep into irony that joking about KYM driving jokes into the ground has, in itself, been driven into the ground.

This is probably the point where we should stop, but it is far, far too late to turn back.

@BitterBrit

I nominate Minty for the Getting throughly rekt the most times award.

Fuck that shit. That award's mine, hands down. I even have proof!

Oh derp, NVM

This post is all but an a illusion.

Last edited Feb 03, 2015 at 09:00PM EST

Captain Blubber wrote:

nominating yourself for an award is the ultimate act of being a wannabe

oops i forgot about you. i nominate blubber as the worst poster.

"Best New User"

> no-one mentions their fave pyromaniac

Welp, R.I.P me, guess there's ne.. Oh wait, then I won't be new. ;~;

Anyway, I nominate Natsuru Springfield for best old user, Coolface for worst topic maker, Particle for best topic maker and, if there's one in the future, Koptek or IgortheMii for Biggest OP award.

Last edited Feb 04, 2015 at 08:00PM EST

Inferno wrote:

"Best New User"

> no-one mentions their fave pyromaniac

Welp, R.I.P me, guess there's ne.. Oh wait, then I won't be new. ;~;

Anyway, I nominate Natsuru Springfield for best old user, Coolface for worst topic maker, Particle for best topic maker and, if there's one in the future, Koptek or IgortheMii for Biggest OP award.

>minty
>old

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!