Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,076 total conversations in 680 threads

+ New Thread

Is it worth keeping your downvoted posts?

Last posted Jan 04, 2021 at 01:18PM EST. Added Jan 02, 2021 at 04:55AM EST
8 posts from 7 users

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

I've been looking back at my initial debates during the BBND craze, and it astounds me to see how quickly attitudes have changed a year after that whole thing began. Even though my posts were buried, I still felt that I had to make those takes. The thing is, those downvotes are still being shown on my profile. Is it worth keeping my opinions and its responses on this site? To show how I and others have changed since that whole dilemma?

It depends on how you personally feel.

I sometimes say and post really, really stupid shit; but because that's just me being me, I just leave it be.

Every now and then, you're going to say or do something and a lot of people may not like it. That's just how things go.

But as long as your true to yourself, you really shouldn't worry about it.

Getting downvoted won't get you yeeted off the site, it's your attitude and how you respond to it that does.

You can make as many awful takes as you like, but you'll be fine as long as you remain polite and civil, so you shouldn't really worry about these things too much.

As long as you don’t do those dumb “I’m being downvoted because I’m right” or “Why the downvotes?” thing then I believe that anyone who makes a post that has effort and thought put out deserves to be heard.

I still refuse to buy gen 8 because of that and a myriad of other problems it has that piss me off but no, no need to fear a vote number going up or down on a meme "documentation" site of all places.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!