Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,708 total conversations in 1,732 threads

+ New Thread

When uploading new entries...

Last posted Mar 05, 2012 at 03:55PM EST. Added Mar 05, 2012 at 01:56PM EST
9 posts from 5 users

…do the mods look at the entry before it is fully uploaded to the site?(i mean so everone can see it) I know it's probably a stupid question but i was just wondering.

Yeah i was just thinking that.My brother's on a forum that used to let you post whatever thread you liked, but after the site update they made sure a mod had to have allowed it before users could see it.Considering how many trolls we get i thought it would be a great idea to try and combat trolls.

If it's a entry that could possibly be a meme then you could let it pass, but if it's somthing that's an obvious troll (e.g. OMG LOOK AT DIS MEME I CREATED LOL) then you could get rid of it. While i do agree with you, letting the community seeing the trolls would only put the troll entries on the trending bar, let the communit react to it (feeding the trolls) and would stop the good entries from getting the spotlight.It would help to get rid of the obvious trolls that are always on the trending bar.

Twenty-One wrote:

If it's a entry that could possibly be a meme then you could let it pass, but if it's somthing that's an obvious troll (e.g. OMG LOOK AT DIS MEME I CREATED LOL) then you could get rid of it. While i do agree with you, letting the community seeing the trolls would only put the troll entries on the trending bar, let the communit react to it (feeding the trolls) and would stop the good entries from getting the spotlight.It would help to get rid of the obvious trolls that are always on the trending bar.

That adds a layer of complication to the existing system.
This way, we have the community view it, and then if it's a bad article it's deadpooled. If the mods pre-screen the obvious trolls out, then they have to do two screenings instead of one. It's more efficient just to leave it at one.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!