Forums / Maintenance / Announcements

2,044 total conversations in 85 threads

+ New Thread

Introducing the Newest KYM Mods! And Upgrades!

Last posted Aug 28, 2012 at 06:33AM EDT. Added Aug 16, 2012 at 03:23PM EDT
75 posts from 45 users

First up, yesterday we upgraded a bunch of moderators:

RandomMan and Cyber6x are now Database Moderators

Platus is now a Sr. Entry Moderator

Verbose is now a Sr. Forum Moderator

Mister J is now a Research Moderator

And now, without further ado..

Our new forum mods are madcat, HolyCrapItsBob and MDFification.

For entry mods, we have opspe, Triple Z, Random 21 and now officially, mona_jpn.

Finally, our new image/video mod is ri.

Congratulations to everyone!!!!

Last edited Aug 16, 2012 at 05:03PM EDT

Oh come on, you really chose Random 21 for an entry mod? That guy is probably the stupidest guy on the entire site, he shouldn't be a mod, he should be banned. On a serious note, well done to everyone!

I knew it wouldn't be too long until Random 21 and Triple Z got the promotion. But why the hell hasn't Efrain got anything yet?

Last edited Aug 16, 2012 at 03:42PM EDT

Congrats on the guys who became mods! I want to be a forum mod too but I'm still sorta new here. I'll just try and help and see if I have a shot.

Congrats for every mod out there, again

Kipp wrote:

Does this mean that you have forum powers now?

I have everything now, besides some fancy staff powers.

FEAR ME!

I thank you all for choosing me as your newest forum moderator…

NOW BEGINS THE AGE OF DARKNESS AND TORMENT!

ALL THREADS WILL MEET THE IRON WILL OF BOB!

NO FUN SHALL BE HAD BY THE PEOPLE!

LET INNOCENCE CRY! FOR BOB IS HERE!

Edit: Don't worry, I'm kidding.

Last edited Aug 16, 2012 at 09:43PM EDT

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

I thank you all for choosing me as your newest forum moderator…

NOW BEGINS THE AGE OF DARKNESS AND TORMENT!

ALL THREADS WILL MEET THE IRON WILL OF BOB!

NO FUN SHALL BE HAD BY THE PEOPLE!

LET INNOCENCE CRY! FOR BOB IS HERE!

Edit: Don't worry, I'm kidding.

Count Lionel wrote:

This thread locked the last time I tried to post in it. :(

Congratulations all on your promotions! I have some friends up in that list.

You people are very friendly. Keep up the good work.

Umm… whoops.

That was probably my doing. I decided to have some fun with the users and make them think I've gone mad with power. I did so by locking this thread.

Congratulations to all new and promoted mods. At some point, I'd like to be a mod of something, but I'm still a new member, so that won't be for a long, long time. Also, why is gi97ol not an Entry Moderator yet?

In lieu of individually congratulating people as I notice their new-found mod status as I browse the forum, I shall do so in this thread.

Congratulations, everyone. The promotions were well deserved, especially in the cases of Verbose and RandomMan (slight Poni General bias here), and the new mods are even more so.

From what I find, the people who deserved a promotion did in fact get one, however those who didn't seem like they could handle it didn't receive one (Not naming names).

But anyway, I feel that the choices made were very good ones and I was surprised why they didn't get the promotions earlier, but I understand.

Congratulations! You are now superior! (lol but seriously, congrats.)

Special Congratulations Text!

Last edited Aug 17, 2012 at 06:59AM EDT

null wrote:

Forgive any ignorance on my part, but what exactly does a Research Moderator do?

It's basically an entry mod + a forum mod. Mix in image/video mod posters and you get Database mod. Sr. entry mods like me are entry + image/video. Also, being promoted above entry mod gives you ban powers.

Platus wrote:

It's basically an entry mod + a forum mod. Mix in image/video mod posters and you get Database mod. Sr. entry mods like me are entry + image/video. Also, being promoted above entry mod gives you ban powers.

I would think Research Moderator would constitute entry + I/V since that's basically what research on this site is. But I guess that's up to the Admins.

null wrote:

I would think Research Moderator would constitute entry + I/V since that's basically what research on this site is. But I guess that's up to the Admins.

I think that the distinction is that I/Vs are categorized by entry, since very few of them are uploaded on their own, so mixing them with entry mod powers is treated like an extension of the entry mod's responsibilities. Meanwhile, the actual act of research is often, for complex and highly collaborative entries, coordinated on the forums, so that is where that name comes from. I agree, though, that something like "community mod" would be a better name for Mister J's rank.

Blah, blah, blah, congratulations, blah, blah, fully deserve it, blah, blah… (Not intending to belittle anybody's accomplishments, I'm just not feeling particularly eloquent at the moment.)

Seriously, though… I have some semi-rhetorical questions.

Why is it that I always see these threads long, long after they're actually posted?

How do I seem to never know any of the image mods?

Am I the only one who is repeatedly surprised by who is promoted, not because I didn't think they deserved it, but because I'm shocked by things like, "Wait, I thought RandomMan, opspe, and Verbose were already running the place?!?"

When do I get promoted to something like "Memetic Demigod" or get a paid position? (And why does KYM give me a craving for power that few other things do?)

Does anyone else think we should give folks like Trollkeeper titles like "Self-moderator" out of wishful thinking?

Is there anything that's not RandomMan's fetish?

DiamondPonyKiss SparkleButtNugget (haha) wrote:

Am I the only one who is repeatedly surprised by who is promoted, not because I didn’t think they deserved it, but because I’m shocked by things like, “Wait, I thought RandomMan, opspe, and Verbose were already running the place?!?”

Yeah, we run this.

Papa Coolface wrote:

Great, more people with banhammers.

Hey, new admins! Dr. Coolface is volunteering to be a guinea pig for your new powers, I think…

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!