Forums / Media / Video Games

38,672 total conversations in 2,706 threads

+ New Thread

Favorite Gen 1-6 Pokémon

Last posted Jan 07, 2015 at 06:53PM EST. Added Jan 04, 2015 at 09:26PM EST
29 posts from 24 users

I don't know if this is out there, but for any Genwunners or Pokémon fans, please tell me what your favorite Gen 1 Pokémon is (more Generation favorites to follow).

Mine is for the record.

I loved Arcanine so much

I was actually gonna name my dog Arcanine at one point but my mum said it'd be a stupid name for a dog :P

Gyarados. Definitely Gyarados.

Each and every single time I play a Pokemon game, I just gotta make sure I get him on my team as early as possible (without trading). Even if he doesn't have any really fancy moves, since most of his best learnable moves scale off his bad Special Attack stat.

Blissey wrote:

We have a Gen 2 list now! Right here.

Edited the title so it can cover all the pokemons from gen 1 to 6. Use this thread instead of making one for each gen.

Last edited Jan 05, 2015 at 12:54PM EST

1. Mew
2. Furret/Pichu
3. Deoxys/Jirachi
4. Magnezone/Lopunny
5. Snivy
6. Pumpkaboo/Klefki

As you can see, I'm quite an indecisive person…. And I like cute things.

Gen 1:

I've always been a fan of ghost and dark types (as you'll see later in the list), and since there were no dark types and only 3 ghost types in Gen 1 I always thought haunter was the coolest looking of the three.

Gen 2:

Not much to say here. My favorite eevelution and just an overall awesome looking pokemon.

Gen 3:

Ok hear me out. I only just got into pokemon recently with pokemon X and gardevoir was pretty much the best pokemon on my entire team. It has a ludicrous special attack that could one shot most of the things I came up against (provided it wasn't resistant), and with the addition of fairy typing in gen 6 it was basically my dragon slayer. It was also the first pokemon that I bred to 5/6 perfect IVs and boy was that ever satisfying when I finally hatched one.

Gen 4:

Meh, not much to say about gen 4 since I didn't really get involved with it that much. I just like ghost type pokemon and dusknoir is one seriously badass looking ghost type.

Gen 5:

Once again, a ghost type. To be honest I feel like the whole line for litwick gets too much flack. I think the design looks super cool and not to mention ghost/fire typing is pretty sweet as well.

Gen 6:

Yet another ghost type and yet another that I think gets way too much flack. And also another pokemon that stayed on my team for most of pokemon X. Before it evolved it single handedly dominated the fighting type gym and ever since then it stayed on my team to take out any fighting types that dared challenge its wrath. And of course things only got better when it evolved into aegislash and learned kings shield.

Blissey wrote:

I don't know if this is out there, but for any Genwunners or Pokémon fans, please tell me what your favorite Gen 1 Pokémon is (more Generation favorites to follow).

Mine is for the record.

I might as well do a follow-up of my first post and mention Gens
3-6.

or

Can't decide. Both cute and awesome.

Just an amazing Pokémon overall.

Gen V is my least favorite, but this little guy is just adorable.

This guy has incredible speed and special def, and probably the best water starter.

Last edited Jan 05, 2015 at 10:34PM EST

Gen I: Scyther

Gen II: Cyndaquil

Gen III: Blaziken, Swampert, and (Mega) Sceptile

Gen IV: Buizel

Gen V: Serperior

Gen VI: Greninja & Aegislash

Last edited Jan 06, 2015 at 06:12AM EST

All time favorite (and also from Gen 1): Gengar

I also see Gengar is a childhodd friend :3

Gen 2: Tyranitar

Gen 3: Gardevoir

Gen 4: Rhyperior

Gen 5: Hydreigon

Hydreigon is also my second favorite Pokemon, by the way

Gen 6: Tie between Aegislash and Greninja

G1: Rhydon (If I chose Rhyperior instead for G4 pick I would more than likely put Blastoise for G1)
G2: Feraligatr
G3: Flygon
G4: Torterra
G5: Serperior
G6: Greninja
My love of reptiles/amphibians also applies to Pokemon as well.

Gen 1: Charizard, cus im so original
Gen 2: Feraligatr
Gen 3: Sceptile/Aggron
Gen 4: Floatzel/Infernape
Gen 5: Excadrill/Krookodile
Gen 6: Didn't play X/Y, but I'll go with Delphox cos i think it's a good looking design.

So we're supposed to post 1 from each?

In that case:

It was a pretty close call on most of these, as I like many different pokemon from the various generations, but if i have to pick 1 from each, i'm gonna go with these.

Overall however, my favorite Pokemon are these guys right here:

Gen I:

(Also for Gens 2, 4 and 6)
Gen 2:

Gen 3:

Gen 4

and

Gen 5:

Gen 6 (there's a couple):

<a href"http://www.deviantart.com/art/Xerneas-354057080">
and

Last edited Jan 07, 2015 at 07:01PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!