Forums / Media / Video Games

38,604 total conversations in 2,698 threads

+ New Thread

RUMOR: GTA PS2 trilogy being remastered for release this fall on Switch and other platforms

Last posted Aug 15, 2021 at 09:11AM EDT. Added Aug 12, 2021 at 07:48PM EDT
4 posts from 4 users

Source

The basic gist is that Rockstar's Dundee studio has a remastered collection of the GTA series' PS2 trilogy (GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas) in the works for multiple platforms, with one of them being the Switch, making this the first time a Nintendo console has gotten these mainline GTA games. The rumor suggests the collection has the games remastered in the Unreal Engine with the visuals being a mix of both old and new, with one supposed insider comparing what they saw to resembling the PC versions of these games after using graphics enhancement mods.

If true then I really want to see what these are supposed to look like, and both how faithful and how updated they're gonna be compared to the originals. For one I'm hoping GTA3 and Vice City have a more modern control scheme (and use an aiming system closer to what San Andreas already uses), that alone will make some missions that were annoyingly hard on PS2 much more manageable (the PC ports of GTA3 and VC have free aiming, and it certainly makes a big difference in certain missions). Proper widescreen support would also be good, as not even the PC versions of GTA3 and VC have good widescreen. I'd love it if the old soundtracks make a return but I admit I won't hold my breath (the PC versions of VC and SA on Steam have actually had songs patched OUT of them due to expired licenses, with notable musicians and bands like Michael Jackson, Ozzie Osbourne, 2Pac, NWA, and more no longer being in the Steam versions of the games).

> the PC versions of VC and SA on Steam have actually had songs patched OUT of them due to expired licenses, with notable musicians and bands like Michael Jackson, Ozzie Osbourne, 2Pac, NWA, and more no longer being in the Steam versions of the games

Are you sure that the info about the removed songs is still current? Cause I bought Vice City during this summer sale on steam and it appears to have the complete soundtrack. I definitely heard Michael Jackson at least.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!