Forums / Media / Video Games

38,647 total conversations in 2,704 threads

+ New Thread

What are your predictions for this month's Nintendo Direct?

Last posted Jun 28, 2022 at 01:08PM EDT. Added Jun 16, 2022 at 02:37PM EDT
18 posts from 14 users

My GUESS would be:
- Recap on games released in June (Three Hopes, Mario Strikers), maybe a season pass news
- Update on the next Mario Kart 8 DX track pack
- Splatoon 3 news, most likely an update on the story/single player content
- An update on Metroid Prime 4 stating it's still WIP followed by an announcement of something else to tide people over
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3
- Some new Nindies and ports
- Shitload of Square Enix retro JRPGs
- Switch Online Expansion Pack update, probably some N64 games and a DLC season pass coming to there (Three Hopes or Strikers maybe)
- That new Fire Emblem mainline title

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC pack 2
2. the rumored/leaked Fire Emblem
3. More on Splatoon 3, most likely the single player campaign
4. Bayonetta 3
5. more sports being added to Switch Sports (including the leg strap usage for the actual soccer games)
6. Show some gym leaders in Pokemon Scarlet/Violet, like what they did with SwSh back in 2019
7. No Metroid Prime 4
8. No Breath of the Wild 2, but will announce a special presentation for it about a month or two later

Look at it this way, would you rather Xenoblade 3 take up 20 minutes of a general Direct, or let it have its own dedicated Direct? Last I checked I thought people hated it when a single game took up more than 5 or 10 minutes of a presentation that's supposed to be about multiple.

A mention of a more powerful switch model that allows all games to be enhanced would be absolutely appreciated, but that's probably asking too much.

Instead, I will hope for news on Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3. Botw2 would be nice as well.

Nintendo will be doing a third party mini-Direct tomorrow at 9:00 AM EST

It's gonna be 25 minutes long, and as stated it's focused solely on third party games. The only Nintendo related thing I'd expect would be Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope might be there since Ubisoft is making it. Otherwise the biggest thing I'm expecting is this might be where Switch ports of Persona 3, 4, and 5 will be confirmed, anything else would be a surprise. One rumor is a "game that's been out on other platforms for 4 years" is gonna be announced for Switch, with the most prominent being it might be a port of Red Dead Redemption 2 (if it's a native port then I'd be genuinely surprised, but I'm expecting to be disappointed by it being a cloud game).

Last edited Jun 27, 2022 at 04:35PM EDT

I wonder how many types of Nintendo directs there are. To count, we have general directs, we have directs where only indie games are talked about (does that count as a mini-direct?), we apparently now have directs where they talk about 3rd party games, and we have directs where only one game gets presented like the Xenoblade 3 direct last Wednesday.

Well, I guess we'll see what they reveal tomorrow.

So the 3rd party mini-direct happened. To my surprise, Nintendo just dropped it as a 26 minute video instead of doing it live. I think that was the correct move, seeing how there’s not much new games and most of it was just porting old releases to the Switch. Prevents wasted time and disappointments as well as meaningless spam in chat.
Still though, some things to get excited about I suppose. Kinda surprised Nier Automata is getting ported over (hopefully doesn’t have too many issues like the PC version had initially). Persona 3, 4 and 5 are also getting ported over; after it was coming for Xbox and PC, now it’s also coming to Switch. I’d say it’s good that all these games are getting a wider audience

The biggest out of nowhere surprises for me are Super Bomberman R 2 and Pac-Man World is getting a remake. Hope World 2 and 3 get similar treatments soon. Also that "Harvesta" game looks interesting, it's like Square suddenly decided they wanted to make their own version of Rune Factory. The Persona ports were definitely something I expected to be announced, but I'm glad to see them nonetheless (though I did recently subscribe to Xbox GamePass, which those games will be going into day 1, so I might hold off on getting the Switch ports until I see them at like half off or something).

@qx1511
If Platinum's doing the Nier Automata port then I think it'll be fine (I'm expecting it'll run similar to Astral Chain).

Sorry for the double post but oh shoot how could I forget the Mega Man Battle Network Collection is finally confirmed? Man it's been so long since I played the early titles in that series, so that will be a nice nostalgia trip, and I'll finally get to play the later entries I missed out on (though I wonder if they'll fix the translation errors I heard some of the games have).

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!