Forums / Media / Video Games

38,874 total conversations in 2,724 threads

+ New Thread

Nintendo and the Pokemon Company filing a lawsuit against Pocketpair, Inc. (aka Palworld creators)

Last posted Sep 19, 2024 at 08:42AM EDT. Added Sep 18, 2024 at 07:40PM EDT
9 posts from 7 users

I heard that the capture balls are one of the patents. It's why Tem-Tem uses cards, as only Pokémon can use capsules to hold monsters. Of course, the idea of monsters in capsules comes from an old tokusatsu show that I cannot recall the name of. It's like Namco's patent on loading screen mini-games.

Basically, The Pokémon Company is angry at the idea that Game Freak may need to actually try to make a good game.

KoimanZX wrote:

I heard that the capture balls are one of the patents. It's why Tem-Tem uses cards, as only Pokémon can use capsules to hold monsters. Of course, the idea of monsters in capsules comes from an old tokusatsu show that I cannot recall the name of. It's like Namco's patent on loading screen mini-games.

Basically, The Pokémon Company is angry at the idea that Game Freak may need to actually try to make a good game.

The toku is ultraseven.

Thanks for telling me the name. I would have said Ultraman, but that didn't sound right. Anyway, it's a bit funny that Nintendo is part of this--given its battle with Philips over the Wii remote.

I'm legit curious which patents in question are being claimed to be infringed upon. If it's just the capture balls I can see those being easily changed. If it turns out certain models were directly ripped after all then yeah that'll be harder to defend and Poketpair might need better outside help.

Mistress Fortune wrote:

I'm legit curious which patents in question are being claimed to be infringed upon. If it's just the capture balls I can see those being easily changed. If it turns out certain models were directly ripped after all then yeah that'll be harder to defend and Poketpair might need better outside help.

>capture balls
i might be a dumbass to some of you, but this is too stupid of Nintendo to sue PocketPair over that.
That's like if iD Software sued those companies behind boomer shooters for being shooters.

Greetings! You must login or signup first!